46

A few hours later

Sok'anya had gained her consciousness. Her eyes had met Miles who was currently sitting by her side holding her hand. Miles was relieved to see her yellow eyes again. He placed a kiss over her knuckles. "Ma Miles..." Sok reached up to touch his face.

"Hey beautiful...I'm here. I ain't going nowhere" He told her. She slowly sat up from the mat with his help. "How...how long have I been out?" She asked.

"A few hours sweetheart, you seemed pretty exhausted" Miles chuckles lightly. Sok sighed softly and nods "Yeah, I do feel that way but I'm fine"

"Are you?"

"Yes, of course. Why must I not be fine?"

Miles only looked at her. He didn't understand why she was trying to lie. All this time and before they arrived, she was never doing fine to begin with.

"I am looking forward to our daughter being born. You guys can all teach her to walk, talk, and how to handle a knife for hunting or for defense. But no gun, okay? No no no" She said with a finger sway.

Miles laughed, "Okay okay, whatever you say honey"

Sok giggles lightly "Perhaps...this time you can teach her how to tame her first Ikran" Sok smiles up at him.

Her mate raises his eyebrows, "Me? Are you sure I can do that?"

"You did a much better job than Jake" She tells him which made him smirk.

Hell yeah I did.

"I guess I can." Then his smile fades away remembering what Ronal told him earlier, "Sok...why didn't you tell me?" He asked her. "Tell you...tell you what?" Sok gulped. The panic in her eyes clearly showed that there was something she tried hiding.

Did Ronal tell him?

No...

I didn't want him to know...

Not right now.

"Tsahik told me that you'll be gone. That you won't be here with our daughter...with us. Why didn't you—how long were you planning to keep that from me? Or were you not gonna tell me at all and wait for me to find out when you..." he didn't even wanna finish the sentence.

Sok'anya looks away from him as tears start to form her eyes again. "I...I didn't want you to be upset..." she hugged her tummy.

"Well I'm upset. Not even upset, I'm angry"

Sok'anya whimpered at his words as her ears hung down which made Miles frown. "No...no no no darlin' I'm not angry with you. Come here" He pulled her closer to his side, having her lean on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry"

"What? Sweetheart, look at me" Miles lifted up her chin. Sok'anya looks up at her mate with teary eyes sniffling lightly. Miles wiped away her tears and leaned down to kiss her forehead. "Don't apologize. There's nothing for you to be sorry for, you hear me?"

Sok'anya nods as she buries her face into his chest. Miles awed as he wraps his arms around her. He wanted them to stay like this forever. He didn't want to let her go. He wasn't ready for her to leave him.

"Quaritch...I tell you this now you must prepare for the hardships."

Miles closed his eyes. He wasn't sure how he was going to handle the hardships ahead. He didn't want to. He wasn't ready to lose his mate and thinking about it made him feel guilty that Sok will die birthing their daughter while he gets to be alive to raise her.