11

"How do you feel Spider?" Sok'anya asked her son as she sat next to him as he ate the soup that Ja had brought for him from the canteen. "I'm doing alright now. This soup is tasty. Probably the best I ever had being here" Spider continues to stuff his face. Ja couldn't help but smile at the boy who seemed to be doing much better than earlier. "I'm glad to hear that" he says as he sees that soup isn't going to be enough for the boy to eat. "I'll be back, okay?" Ja tells them before leaving the room to bring back more food for Spider.

Spider was almost done with the soup. He was quite hungry after a long rest. He looks over at his mom who looked sad. The boy placed his bowl down on the lap desk. "Mom, you okay?" He asked placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Yes, I'm fine my sweet boy. I just...I wish I could do more to help you" she buries her face into her hands.

"Don't worry mom, I'm feeling better okay? Ja has been taking care of me. Besides, we'll be able to go back to the forest again soon so you won't have to stay stuck wearing their clothes". Sok'anya laughs lightly as she removes her hands from her face and looks at the boy who was just so small in her arms which felt like yesterday.

Later on, Spider had eaten enough and went back to sleep. Sok'anya was walking between Miles and Lyle to the canteen to eat with the rest of the members. She was told by Miles to sit down and wait for him to come back.

She waves at everyone else at the table and they happily waved back at her. Zhang was currently eating dessert first before eating the rest of the food on his plate. Sok'anya tilts her head at the where brown cup in his hand. "Mud?" She points in curiosity which caused Fike and Brown to laugh at her cuteness.

Zhang blinks at the woman processing what she had asked him before shaking his head "This? Oh, this is chocolate pudding. Want to try it?" He brought the spoon full of pudding to her mouth. Sok'anya closely examined the pudding and sniffs it before taking it into her mouth. Her eyes sparkled at the sweetness and she held the side of her cheek with a "Mmmm..."

Lyle awed at her pure reaction to the dessert "It's like a baby trying soft food for the first time" he grins.

"Looks like pudding is tolerable" Prager says as he takes a sip of his drink. "Want another one?" Zhang offers to her which Sok does not decline.

"Absolutely not" Miles came back and sat in between Lyle and Sok'anya. "Zhang, eat your own food. Sok, we talked about this" Miles looks at the Na'vi woman who lowers her ears in gloom.

"What did y'all talk about?" Brown asked leaning forward.

"He don't want me to share with you guys" She pouted.

Prager nearly choked on his water. Did Colonel catch him sharing his drink with Sok'anya earlier? Probably. It already happened but was that the main thing he didn't want her doing out of all things she shouldn't do while she's here?

Miles clears his throat, ignoring her pout as he placed a bowl of chopped fruits for her. "Eat up sweetie pie"

Sok'anya sniffs the fruits from the bowl before picking them up with her hands to eat. "There's a fork you know" Warren points out but Sok'anya didn't want to use a fork. Lyle smirks as he placed his cup of water down on the tray "It's okay man, she eats however she likes" he looks over at Quaritch who he caught stealing glances at Sok'anya. Lyle knows that his boss likes this Na'vi woman. Who can blame him?

Honestly, Lyle would hit that too.

After dinner, Zhang got Sok'anya her own cup of pudding. She thanks him as she happily eats the pudding till the cup was clean. She went back to Spider's room to stay with him. She sat in the chair next to his bedside and sang in Na'vi to him.

Sok'anya isn't aware of Miles presence but he was listening to her sing. She sounded beautiful. A smile forms across his lips before turning back around to grab more blankets for them. Sok'anya finished singing as she rest her head down and closes her eyes as a single tear shed onto the mattress.

Miles came back and covers Sok'anya with the blankets over her back. He sighs quietly just looking at how lovely she looked sleeping peacefully. He looks back at Spider who is also still asleep. He went around to sit on the other side by him and touched his forehead.

Temperature ain't worse anymore.

Miles looks down at his watch for the time and looks back at the mother and son. He leans forward to plant a kiss on Spider's forehead but he was hesitant, not wanting to wake the boy up. He leans back in the chair and ran a hand down his face in exhaustion. He heard the blanket fall to the floor from Sok. He got back up to fix the blanket on her before walking out the door.

Little did Miles know that Ardmore was watching his interaction with them the whole time. She watched from the hidden camera that was put in the room by Warren and Fike.