24

Later that day, Sok'anya didn't rest after waking up that first time. She sat there thinking about all her symptoms that she had. She remembers that Neytiri had these same experiences before birthing Neteyam. Sok'anya wasn't sure how to feel.

She was in joy that she will have a child of her own. She was happy that she will be able to give Spider a little sibling so he's not alone. But she was afraid of what will happen if Miles found out. Will he be mad? Will he force her to get rid of it?

A lot went through her head. She will need to tell him eventually. In the meantime, she will bring the news to Spider first. Sok'anya calls him to the marui and sat down with her son. She was a bit nervous on how Spider would react. It'll be a life change for him too.

"What is it mother?"

"Spider, I have news to share. But...do not tell the others. Not even Miles. Not yet at least" Sok held both of his small hands in her big hands.

"I won't" He promises.

Sok'anya nods before she takes a deep breath until she was ready to speak "With how I've been feeling lately with my body it is because I am pregnant" Sok'anya slowly turns her head the other way biting her lip nervously.

"Mom, that's wonderful news! I'm happy! It means I will have a sister or brother" Spider smiles as he reached up to cup her face "Mom...look at me, I'm not mad. And I'm not gonna tell anyone"

Sok'anya looks at Spider and smiles brightly as she hugs him tightly. "Thank you spider"

As the weeks go by, the symptoms gotten stronger. Sok'anya still hadn't told Miles at all. It was more of not having the courage to tell him. The only ones who know now is Ja who started suspect it clearly than before. The medic promised not to tell his boss since it's not his place but continues to check up on her occasionally to make sure that Sok and the baby are in good health. Sok came forward about it with Zdog and Walker who were excited about the news. Both recom ladies promise not to tell Colonel.

Miles had no clue why Sok'anya had gotten worse. He was starting to think Ja wasnt doing anything right to help her get better. Even the medicines and the plants weren't helping as much as he wanted them too. The man was frustrated and hopeless. He remembers how full of energy his mate was and now she's been resting and had fainting spells a couple of times. He wasn't sure what to do. All he knows is that he doesn't want to lose her. He wanted her to be healthy again.

A couple more days later, Sok'anya wanted to go flying with them. Miles wasn't sure about her flying. Not after that one time she almost fell off Sefah. But Ja assures him that her sickness is recovering and that she will be fine. Of course, Miles wasn't too convinced but he made Sok'anya fly with Ja so she isn't by herself. As they went out flying, he had Spider with him on Cupcake. The teenager quizzes him on the Na'vi language.

Sok'anya smiles over at the father and his son. Seems like Spider was helping him again on his Na'vi. She giggles lightly as she watches. It looks to her that Miles was struggle with 'I see you'. It was adorable how much he was trying.

"Not naati, ngati"

"Look I'm tryin' kid but I'm sure that's what I just said"

Seeing this bond, she finally had build up the courage to tell him. She pressed her two fingers against the throat comm "Oh Ma Miles~" she calls. And Quaritch's hand had never been so quick to press his throat comm in return

"Yes beautiful? Doing alright over there?"

"I'm alright. But...there is something I need to tell you"