39

"I saved him"

Spider avoids eye contact but to his horror, Neytiri was right there. The Na'vi woman had approached and listened at that exact moment he revealed that her greatest enemy is still alive. Still out there. He wasn't dead.

Kiri didn't have time to process her own reaction when the sight of her mother caught her attention. The teenage girl stood up quickly and shielded Spider from her "Mom please—"

"STEP ASIDE!" Neytiri yelled. Kiri shakes her head "Mom! Don't hurt him!" She cried but the teenage girl was grabbed by her arm and moved to the side no longer shielding her friend.

Neytiri lifted Spider by his dreads with a tight grip making him cry out. "YOU STUPID CHILD! THAT DEMON HAS THREATENED MY FAMILY AND EVEN TOOK AWAY MY FIRSTBORN! NOW YOU ARE SAYING HE'S STILL ALIVE ALL BECAUSE OF YOU?!"

"MOM!" Kiri cried tugging on her arm. Lo'ak and the Metkayina kids saw this and Lo'ak immediately ran to his mother.

"Mom! What you doing?! Let him go!" Shouted Lo'ak as he also pulled onto his mom's arm. Spider was scared for his life, his eyes widened and his breathing became uneven. Was she going to hurt him again? Possibly even kill him?

Neytiri growls as she drops the human boy onto the sand. "You cannot stay here with us. You and your mother must go" Neytiri left and went back to Sok'anya's Marui. Tsireya, Aonung and Rotxo were confused, exchanging looks with each other. Only the chief and his mate will decide that. The rest of kids didn't understand what was going on but they were scared. Tsireya could feel herself shaken up by Neytiri's rage towards the human boy "I need to get father and mother" She tells her brother before leaving quickly.

Lo'ak and Kiri ran to Spider's side to help him up. Spider didn't think that Neytiri would come by them and hear. He just wanted to tell Kiri. The one person he trust the most. The one he could share his feelings and be vulnerable with. "Bro, what the hell happened? Why is my mom angry with you?" Lo'ak asked. Spider's lips trembled as more tears fell down his cheeks. He couldn't even focus properly after being handled violently by Neytiri.

"I..."

Spider told him exactly what he told Kiri.

Lo'ak was in disbelief but he couldn't express any anger right now. The Na'vi boy stepped shaking his head "Bro I lost my brother...we watched him die that day..." His chest started getting heavy from the emotions that are starting to build up. This was a painfully conflicting situation for Lo'ak and Kiri to process.

"Lo'ak...Kiri...I really wanted to tell you guys! It's been too long since it all happened but I didn't know how to tell you guys! You—you both have every right to be angry with me! I-I just—I really sorry! I...I just...I couldn't leave him there. I wanted to...I really did but...I couldn't..."

Lo'ak shook his head. His hands were shaky and he couldn't even breathe properly. As angry as he is, Lo'ak didn't want to act out on his anger so he needed to leave and cool off before he could speak to Spider again.

"I...I gotta go..." Lo'ak immediately left along with Aonung and Rotxo following behind him. Spider didn't try to stop him. Instead, his head hung low as tears continuously poured down his face. Kiri stood there as tears formed her eyes with her hands resting against her chest. "Spider..."

He met her eyes again, his heart broke seeing her in tears. All because of him. "I know I should've told you sooner, Kiri...I really am sorry"

Kiri wipes her tears "Don't apologize. I...I'm glad you told me. I...I'm just...it's a lot to take in" She sniffles. "I wanna be alone" She turns her back and walked away as she let down all the tears from her eyes. Spider fell onto his knees as he burst into tears. Crying and yelling out his emotional pain. He hugs himself and prays to Eywa.