05

Mansk shoves both of them out of the way and slashes the viperwolf across its eyes. The creatures body collapsed almost landing on Spider's foot. Sok'anya stood up quickly and helps her son stand from the ground looking at the dead viperwolf then looks at Mansk and he looks right back at her breathing heavily. She blinks a few times making sure she was seeing this right. Did he really save them?

What use are we to teaching them Na'vi? Why keep us around for what?

"Mansk—"

Ja, the medic of the group stayed back to help treat Prager while the rest went after Mansk and the two prisoners. There were two viperwolves, each attacking Mansk and Sok'anya.

Mansk had lost his knife struggling with the predator. There's a bite mark and blood going through the camo of his arm sleeves. Mansk and Sok'anya were trying to avoid getting eaten by holding their mouths away from them. Spider stood there shaking, his lips quiver not knowing what to do. He didn't have a weapon with him or anything around to help defend his mom. Luckily, Spider had spotted the recom knife and quickly went to retrieve.

"AH!" Spider jumped on top of the viperwolf and stabbed it on top of the head and dragged the knife all the way down to the mouth. He pushes the carnivore off of his mom before looking over at Mansk who was still struggling. Sok'anya took the knife from spider and was going to help the Marine. But she stood there debating if she should.

This man is my enemy...our enemy.

If I leave him here...me and spider can continue running...but he saved us...would I be wrong to leave him?

She was startled by the gunfire that was aiming towards the creature which in case collapse off of Mansk. Lopez and Lyle quickly ran to their comrades aid seeing his injury on the arm. "Damn dude, your arm is fucked" Lopez carefully examined his wound.

Miles looks to Sok'anya and Spider with anger and approaches them, not caring that she still had the knife. "G-Get away!" She stutters. She swings the knife at him but her wrist was quickly grabbed and twisted making her drop the weapon. With that Zdog picked it off the ground before grabbing spider away from her.

"Let me go!" Spider thrash. His mother shook her head as she tried to slip away out of Miles grip. "NO! LET GO OF US YOU DEMON!" Sok'anya screams in his face. Miles stops and stares down at her. Miles used his other hand gripping the back of her queue roughly and applies pressure onto her wrist. There was too much fire in those eyes. Sok'anya wasn't afraid...or at least trying not to show any fear. Leaning close to her he says...

"Remember when I told you that I'd give you an old school spankin'? Well...you are so gettin' one. You think you can escape from me? I suggest you stop tryin. Two of my men are injured because of your stupidity. And you almost put your son in danger. What would you have done if our asses didn't show up? Huh?" He shook her.

"Why you care? You are just using us until you can't. We aren't important to you. Why does it matter to you what happens to us?!"

"Because you two will take us to Sully one way or another. I don't care how you do it but when we get him, I won't need you or that damn kid anymore. Mark my words princess"

Sok'anya hisses at him and to her surprise, he hissed back. Not only did she look at him with anger but her expression suddenly soften by looking at the glowing dots on his face. He was a bit too close and she turns her head away from him which made him smirk.

"Good girl"

When they came back, Ja moves onto treating Mansk while Prager takes a rest. Lopez offers to take over the shift. As for the mother and son, the two are tied together backs facing each other.