08

Later that night, Sok'anya was asleep next to her son and kept the blanket covering him. She didn't need it. All that matter to her is if Spider was cold. She wanted to make sure he was warm and comfortable. Sok'anya dreams about home. She misses it so much. Memories of her parents and her siblings, she missed them all. Deeper in the dream, she's with her best friend and her family. She can see Spider and the kids playing together by the little pond. She smiles lovingly at the kids having so much fun. She looks over to Jake and Neytiri although both had different expressions. Jake was smiling but her friend was not.

"He belongs to his own kind."

Her heart sank down to her stomach when she heard that. Why was she remembering this? Spider was loved by most of the clan. Even Eywa has accepted him.

Miles was on watch this time and he mostly kept an eye on Sok'anya and Spider. He couldn't leave the other Recoms in charge of night watch after the other night. He wasn't tired anyways and planned to stay on shift a bit longer before letting Zdog take over. What surprises is that the Na'vi woman woke up gasping and sweating.

Without hesitation, Miles went to her aid. He quickly kneels down next to her with a hand placed on her shoulder "Sok—hey...you alright? Calm down darlin'. Look, follow my breathin' okay? Relax" he tells her softly as they breathed together. Sok'anya was starting to calm down as she closes her eyes. Miles frowns seeing a tears escaping down her cheek and wipes it away only for his hand to be smacked away. She looks at him with tears covering her eyes already.

"I-I want to go home. Let us go home!" She stood on her feet just as Miles got up with her. He can feel all the anger and annoyance coming back to him. "I...I can't do this. I miss my home, my people, my..."

My family...

I wonder how they are doing. Are the children safe? Is Jake and Neytiri alright? How are the people?

"Look, I don't have the energy to argue with you again about the same shit. We still need to find Sully and when we succeed, I promise that you and your son won't have to deal with us any longer"

"You only be thrown away like trash after being used! You are nothing to the sky people! No matter if you find him!" She yells at him causing everyone else including spider to wake up from their sleep. "M-Mom? What's going on?" Spider slowly got up from her side but Zdog carefully pulls him away from them in case the two get into it. Zdog grew to care for the human boy and didn't want Spider to get hurt if they were going to end up fighting physically.

"The hell is y'all arguing about now?" Lyle asked while rubbing his eyes. "Yeah, calm down mom and dad" Mocked Lopez followed by his obnoxious laughter.

The two ignores the other Recoms making comments at them. Miles grab Sok'anya's arm harshly pulling her towards him. "I'm trash huh? Ain't Jake Sully and his bitch lookin' for you two? You've been with us for quite sometime. I highly doubt they are goin' to rescue you and Spider. It would make our jobs easier but seems like you are the ones thrown away like trash" he grins at her. He could see how her expression sadden when he mentioned two significant people she claimed to be her family but what did they see her and Spider as?

"I-I don't need them to rescue us. They protect their family. I protect my own. I don't need anything from them!" She didn't wanna listen to his words. Her and Neytiri have known each other for so long. She knows that if she thought about her, Neytiri was thinking of her too. She had to be. The Na'vi woman tries pulling her arm out of his hold but he's too strong, it's so unfair.

"Is that right? Well you ain't doin' a good job lashing out at me like this. I will take away what's precious to you if you keep this up!" That threat applied to Spider. Deep down, Miles didn't actually want to hurt that boy. The recom was getting impatient and desperate. He needed to find Jake Sully and it'a been taking too damn long.