Chapter 21

~~~

When Haechan woke up it was dark outside. The bedroom was in the dim light of the living room lights.

He looked for Mark but the bed was empty. The omega slowly rubbed his face to fully wake up and got up. He shivered as the cold hit him.

Haechan carefully opened the alpha's closet and took the first sweatshirt he could find. He was already dressed with Mark's clothes so it wouldn't change anything at this point. The omega tried to rearrange his hair before going downstairs.

Haechan quietly entered the living room observing his surroundings. He wasn't familiar with this place yet. He slowly approached the windows and gazed at Seoul. The omega was lost in his thoughts when he heard keys unlocking the front door. He turned around his eyes meeting Mark.

"Oh, you're up. I went to buy some things to eat. The fridge is empty here." the alpha explained.

"Thank you." Haechan said as he got closer to Mark, he did feel very hungry.

"You need to eat after being that active. You must be tired." added Mark.

Haechan got red as a tomato thinking about what they did a few hours ago. He slightly hit the other. The alpha literally bullied him.

"Yah, I should be the one saying that!" he sassily answered.

"Are you sick? Your face is red." asked the other.

"I'm okay." just said the omega.

Haechan helped the alpha cook. Surprisingly,  the latter wasn't that bad at it, except when it came to eggs...

Once they were finished the alpha took both plates and brought them to the living room.

"Let's sit on the sofa, it'll be more comfortable." he explained. "Do you want something to drink?"

"I'm okay, I'll just drink some water."

"Mmh, okay let me get that as well."

Haechan started to eat quietly. He then put back his plate and took a blanket that was next to him to cover his legs.

"Can I ask you a question?" he uttered.

Mark swallowed his food and nodded his head before taking his glass to drink some water.

"Why do you hate omegas?" asked Haechan as he carefully watched Mark's reaction.

The latter put down his glass and leaned his back on the sofa looking at the ceiling. He stayed like that a few seconds before he looked back at his glass.

"I don't hate them. I'm wary of them." he calmly said.

"Why is that?" asked Haechan again, eager to know. "If I can ask..."

"It's a long story, please bear with me."

Haechan turned himself to face the alpha fully and rested his chin on his palm, his elbow on the back of the sofa. Mark sighted, his gaze became haggard as he recalled his memories.

"As you might have guessed I had an older sister, her name was Minyoon, she was a dominant alpha just like me. As I grew up I tried to copy her, she was my role model. Minyoon noona was a top student, good at sports, very sociable and always kind to me. She eventually became the mother figure of our family when our mother died until my father remarried. She, as a first born and dominant alpha was supposed to inherit the President seat. Minyoon noona worked day and night to make our father proud. He did recognize her as the heir when she finished her degree and took her under him. However, our father requested one last thing before retiring : that my sister would marry an alpha to have a dominant alpha heir. Our mother was a regular alpha as well, the Lee family was always very attached to having dominant alpha heirs. It was a symbol of power and stability throughout the generations. My sister agreed to that last request and inherited the President position. She was great at her job and the company was doing very well. However, behind the scenes her mental health worsened, this arranged marriage drained her, especially since both of her and her partner didn't manage to conceive a child... That was when Minyoon noona met an omega. She started to distance herself from everyone and it was almost impossible to have a decent conversation with her. This situation lasted a few years, my father had to lead a battle against my sister to take back control of the company. I couldn't contact her anymore, she had become a totally different person. At first, I was angry at her but then my anger turned against my father as I watched unable to do anything. I was powerless. Eventually, my father learnt that Minyoon noona had a child with that omega. He was furious. He made their life hell on Earth to the point my sister had to run away in hopes that the situation would soon be better. Minyoon noona and her lover died that night, trying to flee. They ran a red light and got hit by a truck. The omega died on impact but my sister and Shotaro survived. She was in an awful state. When we told her that the omega died she screamed until she had no more voice, she even tried to take her own life. We had to attach her to the bed. She died a few days after her injuries. I was grief-stricken. I fought my father to gain Shotaro's custody and my sister's shares and soon became the President. This happened a little more than a year ago. I engaged dialogue with my father despite my hatred. I worked a lot to put the company back on its feet and give a better environment to Shotaro. He was the last and only person that I held dear, he was my sister's son. I promised myself that I wouldn't become like my sister, that I wouldn't get swayed by love. This was when I distanced myself from omegas."

Mark had an indifferent look on his face but his eyes betrayed him. Haechan could see the endless sadness that filled them. His body acted on his own and he embraced the other.

"It's not your fault. You did everything you could, you did your best." the dominant omega said.

"I know." tried to reassure Mark.

"No Mark, I'm proud of you. Please, please don't endure everything alone like that."

The alpha put his hands around Haechan with a strong grip. He hid his head in the omega's neck.

"I'll be there, please rely on me. You're a great person Mark, please stop suffering alone. It's not your fault."

Mark's grip tightened as he let out a few muffled sobs against Haechan's shoulder. The omega slowly rubbed his back in circles.

"It's okay, cry, cy you'll feel better after."

They stayed like that for a few minutes before Mark lifted his head. His eyes were red. Haechan carefully held his cheeks and kissed his forehead.

"You're not your sister Mark, you are your own person. Don't feel burdened by the choices of others, you should learn to live for yourself." the omega said as he caressed the other's hair.

Mark stayed silent. He closed his eyes, enjoying Hacehan's gentle touch.

"Thank you." he whispered.

"I'll be there to listen, rant to me."

Mark hummed.

"I don't hate you Haechan, I'm scared that I like you." quietly said the alpha.

"So am I. But doesn't it feel so good? The way my heart is pounding when you touch me, the way I feel complete when I'm next to you. It's overwhelming yet I feel at peace. I can't get enough of it... So just hold me Mark, stand by me. It sounds so cheesy but I mean it."

"Okay." said Mark before giving a peck to the omega. "Live for yourself as well Haechan."

The latter smiled a little before sitting next to the alpha, his head resting on the other's shoulder.

"Please call me Hyuck. My birth name isn't Haechan, my parents named me Donghyuck, but that's a story for another day."

"Alright Hyuck, I'll be waiting."

~~~

Have a good day/night!

Don't forget to follow me if you haven't, I have another book coming soon!

Love y'all <3