Enoch, who has completely erased his distrust of me, has always been kind to me without confusing me.

"I can't survive on this island alone without you."

"Margaret, I need you. So please don't leave me."

I remembered what Enoch had told me before.

Like a puppy who is really anxious when separated from its owner, he was so impatient that he could not think normally without me.

"I have to go back soon. Enoch is waiting for me."

As I muttered while walking blankly following Kayden,

"Margaret," he called me in a low voice.

"Do you like the crown prince or me?"

His question sounds like jealousy, so I'm a little puzzled.

"Why are you asking that?"

"I'm just curious. Hm? Answer me."

Kayden stopped walking and urged me to answer.

"I like Ruzef."

I mentioned the name of a person he didn't even mention in a playful tone. And it was just a light joke......

"That bastxrd, I didn't like him from the start."

But Kayden took it seriously. He even got angry. I looked at him with a puzzled look.

Kayden seriously grabbed me by the shoulders and asked me again, "What do you like about that bastxrd? Margaret, tell me."

Kayden's pretty face was right in front of mine.

I just stared blankly like a fool at his terrifying red eyes blazing like fire.

"Sigh...... I can't even joke with you."

"What?"

Kayden raised his eyebrows, not understanding what I was saying. Sigh. I shook my head.

"It's my fault. I won't joke with you anymore."

Kayden still had a face that didn't understand what I was saying, so I forced myself to change the topic.

"Do we have to go to the cliff? There may be other shortcuts."

Kayden, who was staring at me, scratched his head and turned his gaze.

"No, it's better to go to the cliff. There was too much risk to find another way. And you might find your bag on the cliff."

"Didn't it fall into the river?"

"No. I didn't see it."

I also sighed after Kayden.

"We really are like losers."

The sky was already getting dark.

"Dammit."

Kayden cursed again.

First of all, we decided to find a place to spend the night. Fortunately, we did not wander around for long and found a suitable place.

There was room to hide under the huge tree roots, and we decided to spend the night there.

It was very similar to the place where Ruzef had hidden us, who had fainted from the poison gas of the anaconda monsters.

"There are many things like this in this forest. Where we live, the roots are not like this."

I brought twigs and fallen leaves and muttered as I set the bed.