ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟝 - 𝕎𝕖'𝕣𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕆𝕟 𝔸 𝕊𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕠𝕝 𝕋𝕣𝕚𝕡!

Word Count : 1651 words 

"Wait, what do you mean you're not coming for the trip?"

"I mean exactly what I said," Fuutaro replied. "Raiha is sick. And Father won't be there at home to take care of her cuz he has work. I can't come, I need to take care of her."

"B-but.....!" Ichika tried to come up with a response, but realized that she had nothing to go on. "I mean, but you were looking forward to the trip so much!"

"Nah, not really," Fuutaro replied in his classic clown voice. "It wasn't anything I was excited for. It's just a school trip."

"Ugh," Ichika pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance. "You're kidding me."

Ichika cut the call with Fuutaro, and stared at her phone with hostile eyes. "You're kidding me! Of all the days that he decides to miss, it's this! And it's not like he's going to do anything fun anyways! He's just going to sit and study and bore over those books!"

"But Raiha is sick, right?" Itsuki said. She was sitting next the onee-san. "He didn't have a choice, really."

"Ugh, but the school trip comes only once a year....."

"We shouldn't bother ourselves much over it, Ichika. I know it might be a little disheartening, but there's nothing to do about it. Plus, it's become quite late already, no? We should get to sleep."

"You're right," Ichika muttered. "We really need to go and sleep. It's 1 already, and we need to be up by 6....."

Deep within her, however, Ichika felt a deep pang of sadness when she thought about Fuutaro. She clenched her fists, and widened her eyes when she realized her own feelings.

Fuutaro.....

[ ----- ----- ----- ]

"-chin! (F/N)-chin! Wake up sweetie! (F/N)-chin, wake up sweetie!!"

You squeaked in terror, and hid yourself behind two plushies and a pillow. Itsuki wanted to chuckle at your cute antics, but realized that she had no time to even laugh.

"(F/N)-chin, it's eight!" Itsuki screamed. "We're late for the trip! So, so late!"

You groaned. "But it's Saturday....."

"Come on, let's get you dressed up! We'll have breakfast on the highway or something!" Itsuki said, and she easily picked you up from her bed. "We're leaving in 15 minutes!"

"But the buses left at 7:30, right?"

"Ebata-san will drive us," Itsuki said, and she started getting you dressed up. "Woah, I didn't realize how long your hair is getting, (F/N)-chin. Do you want to cut it?"

"Yup. It comes over my eyes, it's hard to see."

"Aww 💙💙~~ We'll cut it after this trip."

You dressed up in record speed that day, and were done in less than two minutes. You didn't bother to comb your hair, and walked down the stairs to the living room.

The rush in the house was evident. Your sisters were running from one place to the other in a frenzy. Ichika had a bathrobe on, and was running to her room with her hair done up like a rooster, Nino had a piece of toast in her mouth and was screaming for nail polish, Miku was throwing all the clothes that you owned into your little suitcase, and Yotsuba was still brushing her teeth.

"Yotsuba, faster!" Nino screamed after she swallowed her piece of toast. "We're so goddamn friggin' late!"

Her eyes fell on you walking down the stairs. You were already dressed in a full-sleeved tee, and a small pair of jeans. You also had your gloves on, and a tiny little yellow scarf wrapped around your neck.