ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟟 - 𝕄𝕚𝕜𝕦'𝕤 𝕎𝕚𝕝𝕕 𝔽𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕤𝕚𝕖𝕤!

Word Count : 1759 words 

"It's the last day before the Midterms!" Fuutaro yelled. "So put your backs into it, everyone! I'm going to make each of you nincompoops pass!"

"Don't pressurize us so much, Fuutaro-kun," Ichika smiled softly. "You know very well that given our preparation, we're probably not going to pass."

"Oh please, I need you guys to pass....." Fuutaro trailed off, a sweat bead forming on his forehead.

'My job depends on it! ' Fuutaro screamed internally. Maruo Nakano had initially called up Fuutaro a few hours back, and dropped the bomb that he would be fired if any of the Nakano sisters failed.

And it seems Itsuki knew about this, but was keeping mum. If it somehow got out to her sisters, then it was guaranteed that Nino would purposely fail so that Fuutaro would get fired.

After all, Nino sees Fuutaro as a complete nuisance, and an interruption in her 'sisterly' time with (F/N). So getting him fired would be like killing two birds with one stone.

"You guys should start revising the notes that I prepared for you yesterday. I'm just going to go to the kitchen and get some water," Fuutaro said very 'unsuspiciously', and he proceeded to get up and scoot to the kitchen.

"(F/N), be a pal and tell me where the glasses are?"

Oh wow. He was being so obvious, you had to facepalm. It was so clear that Fuutaro wanted to talk to you alone, but he was purposely being roundabout.

You took the hint, and walked over to the kitchen after bungee jumping from the sofa. You pointed to the cabinet above your head, one that you would never be able to reach at your miniscule height.

"So what do you wanna talk about?"

Fuutaro flinched. He probably wasn't expecting you to catch on that fast.....

"It's..... nothing, really," Fuutaro replied awkwardly, and a bit quietly to avoid the Nakano sisters eavesdropping. "Say, are you close to your father, (F/N)?"

"..... kinda. Why?"

"Well, you see..... he called me up a few hours back, and told me that if any of your sisters fail in the upcoming Midterms, then he'll get me fired."

"....."

"....."

"....."

"....."

"..... looks like this is your last tutoring lesson. Thank you for taking time to tutor my dumb sisters. Adios."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait!" Fuutaro whisper-screamed. "I can't give up that easily, and neither can you! We had a pact, remember!? You said you'd help me with the tutoring! I even got you butterscotch ice-cream last week with my salary money!"

How suave. Fuutaro was taking the blackmail path. Alas, blackmail does not work on an advanced mind like yours.

"Goodbye, Fuutaro-kun. It was fun while it lasted."

"Come on! I'll get you choco-vanilla next ti—"

"I'll help you."

But apparently bribing works on an advanced mind like yours.

"Phew....." Fuutaro released a pent-up sigh. "Thanks a bunch, (F/N). So how are you planning to go about it?"

You raised an eyebrow. "Hold on. This whole operation was your idea."

"Woah, Star Wars?"

"I'm glad you know."

"Getting back to the point," Fuutaro said, a bit irritated. "I know it is almost impossible to get everyone to pass, so I'm trying to think of a way we can minimize the damage done. Do you think you can convince your father to allow me to stay?"