30 - infected

The drive took longer than you expected, but it was more than worth it in the end. You arrived at a large camp with at least six dozen people that were chatting, eating or working.

"They've been planning this for over a year now. This is all for us." Harriet explained as you walked towards the camp. "You guys are lucky you found us when you did. We're moving out at first light." Sonya commented.

"Where's Vince?" she asked a man walking by. "Somewhere over there, I think." he answered, pointing in the direction vaguely. "Who's Vince?" you asked.

"He's the one who decides if you get to stay." Harriet explained, smiling at you. "I thought the Right Arm was supposed to be an army." Minho commented, looking at Harriet.

"Yeah, we were. This is all that's left of us. Lot of good people died getting us this far. Who are they?" a man spoke, walking up to you. He put his hands on his hips while talking.

"They're Immunes. Caught 'em coming up the mountain." Harriet told the man, Vince. "Did you check 'em?" Vince asked, looking at Harriet.

"I know this guy, Aris. I trust him." Harriet answered vaguely. "Well, I don't. Check them." Vince ordered. "Hey, boss." one of the men spoke up right before Brenda collapsed.

"Brenda! Brenda!"

"What's going on with her?" Vince asked, kneeling down next to Jorge who held the girl in his arms. "I don't know. Brenda, are you all right?" Jorge answered.

Vince noticed a bandage around her leg and pulled her pants up, seeing the black bite mark on her ankle. "Crank! We got a Crank!" Vince exclaimed, pointing his gun at Brenda.

Thomas immediately ran up to him to prevent him from shooting. "Listen, okay? This just happened, okay? She's not dangerous yet." he tried to negotiate.

"You shouldn't have brought her here!" Vince exclaimed. "I know." Thomas groaned, looking at Vince. "We let Cranks in here now, the Safe Haven doesn't last a week! Step back!"

"I understand, okay? I understand. Just listen. Please. Please, okay? I told her that you could help. Okay? There's gotta be something you can do."

"Yeah, there is. I can put her out of her misery!" Vince spoke. "No! No!" Jorge screamed, trying to get out of the men's grip that were holding him back.

"Vince, that's enough! Let him go. Let him go!" a woman, Mary, spoke up. "She's infected, Doc. There's nothing we can do for her." Vince explained to the woman.

"No, but he can. Hello, Thomas." Mary smiled at your brother before her gaze shifted to you. "Hello, Y/N." she said. "You know us?" Thomas asked, her eyes landing on him again.

"Interesting. It makes sense they'd put you in the maze. Though I must admit, I was worried they'd kill you after what you did." Mary nodded before walking up to Brenda and kneeling down next to her. "What I did?"

"The first time we spoke, you said you couldn't take it anymore, watching your friends die, one bye one. And when Y/N voluntarily went up to the maze because of that blonde boy she loved, you lost the last person you trusted with your life. The last time we spoke, you gave me the coordinates of every WCKD compound, trial and lab."

"He was our source." Vince realized. "We couldn't have pulled all this off without him. Take her to the tent. Get these guys some warm clothes. Careful. Hey, it's the least we can do. Thomas, come on."