11 - the girl

Standing under a piece of wood with Newt and Winston, the slicer tried shielding you and himself from the things the girl threw from on top of the watchtower. "Come down here!" Gally called but she didn't listen.

From the corner of your eyes, you saw Thomas, Minho, Clint, and Jeff arriving at the watchtower as well. "Leave me alone!" the girl screamed. "Watch your heads!"

"I don't think she likes us very much." Newt spoke, sarcastically. "What do you want?" the girl screamed, still throwing things. "Look, we just wanna talk." Thomas told her.

"I'm warning you!" she said. "Hey, hey! Whoa! It's Thomas! It's Thomas!" your brother spoke, causing the girl to stop throwing things. She peeked over the edge, looking at him.

"Look, I'm gonna come up, okay?" Thomas asked as she stopped looking over the edge. Newt and you shared a glance, wondering why she could remember him right away.

After Thomas and the girl, whose name was Teresa, came down from the watchtower, Thomas held two vials with blue liquid in his hands. The letters WCKD were engraved on the material.

"We don't even know what this stuff is. We don't know who sent it or why it came up here with you. I mean, for all we know, this thing could kill him." Newt argued with Thomas.

"He's already dying. Look at him. How could this possibly make it any worse? Come on, it's worth a try." Thomas argued back. Newt fought with himself, trying to decide whether to take a risk or play it safe.

Alby grunting in pain convinced him. "All right. Do it." Newt decided. You slid your arm around his waist, kissing his cheek. You were proud of the decisions he'd made since he'd become the first in command.

Thomas went up to Alby, placing the vial above his chest. When he was about to stab Alby with it, he suddenly grabbed Thomas' neck. "You shouldn't be here! You shouldn't be here!"

The boys tried to help Thomas and pin Alby down, but it wasn't really working. Teresa grabbed the vial from Thomas' hand and stabbed Alby with it, making him let go of your brother.

"Are you okay?" you asked your brother, who grabbed his neck with his hand, breathing heavily. He nodded slightly, making you look at Alby.

"Well, that worked." Jeff commented. "Okay, from now on, someone stays here and watches him around the clock." Newt ordered when Gally entered the room.

"Hey." he spoke, making everyone turn to him. "Sundown, greenie. Time to go." the builder said. Thomas shared a glance with you before following Gally.

"C'mon, love. Time to go to bed." Newt spoke, taking your hand in his. You both walked to your hammocks after dropping Teresa off at hers.

Newt climbed into his hammock, getting comfortable before you joined him, snuggling up to him. "I love you." he spoke, looking down at you.

You kissed his lips, tangling your fingers in his hair. "I love you, too."