25 - Oh

You continued walking the day afterwards. You'd run out of water and still weren't even close to the mountains. It was scorching during the day and freezing during the night.

To survive, you cuddled close to Newt. You were facing each other, his arms around your waist while his hands were placed on your lower back, under your shirt.

Your hands were placed inside his jacket pockets, your head resting in the crook of his neck. You wanted to be as close to him as possible after what happened with Winston.

You were scared you were gonna loose him to the cranks as well. Suddenly, you were woken up by Thomas. "Newt, Y/N, get up. Come on, let's go. Frypan, Aris. I see something." he said.

You stood up, placing your hand in Thomas' outstretched one to help you up. "Whoa, what is it? What-" Minho started, cutting himself off once he saw lights in the distance.

"You see that? It's lights." Thomas mumbled. "We made it." Minho whispered, smiling like an idiot. All of a sudden, thunder cracked in the distance.

"Let's go. We gotta go. Come on." Thomas said. You all grabbed your backpacks before running towards the lights, away from the lightning and thunder.

You solely focused on getting there, completing ignoring your surroundings as you ran towards the buildings. It was only when lightning struck down near Minho and Thomas that you snapped out of it.

Thomas stood up on his own, but you needed to carry Minho. Thomas and Newt carried him inside the building before laying him down. You grabbed him by his collar and started shaking him lightly.

"Minho! Come on, Minho!" you pleaded, slapping his cheek with your palm slightly. Suddenly, he groaned, making all of you sigh in relief.

"What happened?"

"I think you got struck by lightning."

"Oh."