CHAPTER 12

A/N: As I wrote this I was battling with sleep, anyways. I hope you enjoy it😴😴.

DAFE JAMUIKE DESMOND

So I heard the cut is on Friday and that has been the talk of our whole set, the supposed party that Ola claimed he threw even if I knew it was just a coincidence, long forgotten.

Like seriously I'm not getting the main point of all their excitement. It's just a post, in school for that matter. It's not like it is presidential post ooo. Honestly I don't care if I make the cut or not but I'm sure dad will make sure I do.

I glanced at Ola, he had been quiet since, so unlike him
"What's up?" I asked him smiling but he just shrugged
"Nothing"
"Guy, tell me what you are thinking na. You don't use to tell me what you're thinking now" I said nudging him and he smiled teasingly
"Pot calling kettle black" he said and I smiled
"Guy tell me na!" I said
"Oya I'm thinking about a girl, e done do. Oya leave me alone" he said then rested his head on his desk

Will I leave him alone? Hell no!

"Ehn so you are thinking about a girl" I nudged him "I hope it is not that one that you stupidly kissed ooo"
"Is it your business abeg leave me alone" he said
'I don't understand why someone from Art class will be our head boy oo' someone said
'Abi, science would have been better jare' another one said 'they are they main'

'Ehn so we are now what'
'Abeg you guys know that Leo deserves the post jare besides he is the smartest boy among the whole art classes'
'Desmond is smarter than him'
I turned my head. It was Aisha

'Guy Leo is smarter than Desmond. Leo of all people, forget that the guy no look like someone wey get brain. His brain hot pass the sun'
'Ahh. Exaggerr!' some people shouted
'I lie?'
I rested my own head on my desk, see how they are discussing me like I'm not in the class.

Their words made me curious. Who was this Leo boy anyway?

The cut was on Friday and since Monday people had been gushing about it. Now it was Wednesday, sports day. Sport and me? not really friends. Do I do sports? Yes, not really much. For a guy weird right? I know but I stick to my music.

So when the sports prefect came to announce that we should go to the field for sports, guess what I did? I went to the school's backyard to stab it. The school was really big. The back of the school was more like a garden and beautiful flowers adorned it.

I liked it, peace and quiet. This could be my spot. I was already enjoying myself in the hidden spot were I was when I saw a figure in another hidden spot. Curiosity got the best of me and I found myself walking toward the mystery person

It was a girl. It was her, it was Adesuwa aka confusing mysterious girl. I really wanted to walk away, even regretting why I walked up to this place but I just took a moment to stare at her, I could only see her side view.

As if she sensed someone was watching her, she immediately looked in my direction then a scrowl appeared on her face and she immediately stood up about to leave.

"Hey, Adesuwa right?" I spoke and she froze in her tracks like she wasn't expecting me to talk to her, only for the briefest second before her aura of hostility came back
"Speak up, I'm running late" she said rather rudely
"Why are you not going for sports?" I asked trying to strike a conversation
"Why are you not going for sports?" She fired back instead

Gosh she was so difficult

"Well I don't really like sports" I replied determined to keep this conversation going.
"Well you got your answer" she said and was about to leave but I held her wrist to stop her, the glare she sent to my hand was enough to burn my hand to ashes so I immediately retrieved my hand back.