CHAPTER 6

A/N: I wanted to give you the picture of her school mother but I decided to leave it to your imaginations.

ERIATA ADESUWA AMELIA

"So if a equals to b and b equals to......."
I tried to keep my eyes open as my further maths teacher explained on the board.
I had never been a fan of further maths, I hated maths in general but the course I wanted to study required me to take it seriously. I glanced at my watch

Urgh! 1 hour more

The only thing that could compensate me after one period of maths and two periods of further maths was break time. I began to calculate how much I was going to spend today.
"Open to page 265 of your textbooks, your assignment is exercise 3, numbers 1-20. Now let's move on to a new topic"

I tried to widen my eyes in hopes of me staying awake but it seems like the universe had other plans. My head jerked back with force as I opened my eyes. Bola looked like she was trying to stifle a laugh, I glared hard at her.

I poured some water out of my black waterbottle unto my hands, black was my favourite colour. I used it to wash my face and some of the sleep went away but it didn't help that I was directly under the fan and I was on the second row.

When I couldn't take it anymore I asked to be excused and went to the toilet. I bent my head down as I began to splash water on my face from the tap.

The events of last week came rushing in. It had been one week since Omonye came back and these few days had been torture. I blinked away tears, I had promised myself never to cry again.

The sleep had suddenly vanished but now my mood was sour and my head was filled with unwanted thoughts. I really didn't feel like going back to class but I wasn't one to stab my classes besides attendance would be taken.

I made sure to make the walk back to class very slow. I bent my head down as I played with my fingers. I was almost approaching the side were the science classes were, that was until I bumped into someone.

"Are you blind can't you watch where you are going!" I hissed and I looked up to see the person who dared bump into me and she was met with the face of no other than Desmond, a scrowl on his face.
"Last time I checked you were the one not watching where you were going" he said, his voice anything but kind or gentle

I wanted to retort and give this 'nobody' a piece of my mind but I sealed my mouth. I didn't want to waste my time on this piece of trash and at the same time I didn't want anything that would tarnish my reputation.

I made sure to 'eye' him well well then I let out the longest and loudest hiss I had ever done then I gave him a look of disgust before I muttered
"Worthless"
Then I walked away. I could still feel his stares boring holes in my back. I smirked, who did he think he was to double cross me. I was still Eriata Adesuwa and as far as I was concerned I was important in my set and nobody could ever make my feel less.

Immediately I left the grin fell from my face and it was immediately replaced with a scrowl. That bitch had ruined my mood.

I glanced at my watch, thankfully the class was ending in 30mins. I hurriedly made my way to class
"I can see you were frying akara in toilet" Mr Olowo said and I smiled, he wasn't strict.
"I'm sorry sir" I said and rushed to my seat
"Why did you take time" Sophia asked

Oh so now she talks to me

"It's nothing, I did it purposely" I replied and she smiled. The rest of the class went smoothly and I was able to understand what the teacher was saying.

Then the heavenly sound rang and I smiled immediately.
"That will be all for now, remember to do your assignments" Mr Olowo said and left. Bola immediately carried her money and left