Chapter 19 - Going to Jordan City

Chapter 19 – Going to Jordan City

Desert Wasteland
Arlington County, VA
Thursday, April 30, 2076
12:47 EST GMT-5

Jordan City didn't seem like a crazy place to me. But hearing about it from the other citizens at Vertigo Town, did kind of give some bad vibes. I already drove off to Jordan City. I already was on edge with many things going on.

"I.V.A.N.A, how far is this place?" I asked my AI companion.

"Not very far from us, now." I.V.A.N.A said. "Just keep an eye out for marauders."

"On it!" told me to I.V.A.N.A. "Enlighten me, why are we going in the middle of the desert in broad daylight?"

"Well, we can't go after sunset, especially when curfew has begun." I.V.A.N.A said.

"Good point!" I told her, I mean it.

I don't know why I thought for a second, I'd give a gender to an artificial intelligence program, although it does use a female voice. But my thought cloud burst when suddenly I saw a string of vehicles come my way. The marauders in the desert. They started firing machine guns and homing missiles. HOMING MISSILES? I then started pulling off stunts on my hovercar, as soon as I saw them, to dodge the attacks, and used turbo whenever I could.

"That's it!" I shouted.

I started firing my machine guns and homing missiles at the marauder vehicles. I was surely gonna make those bastards pay and wipe them from blocking my path. Or at least scare them off!

"Eat missiles!" I shouted more, as I fired at my enemies.

The missiles hit the enemy hovervehicles and they exploded. No sooner did I get rid of them than I felt that I had finally arrived at my destination. Jordan City, but this city was not only like Vertigo Town, but the only thing also which was different was, it was domed. There was no opening to the top. Vertigo Town had the sky open, whereas this city, the dome covered everything, perhaps to keep the city pressured, and give its citizens, plenty of oxygen.

"I.V.A.N.A, can you please notify the mayor that I've arrived?" I asked my virtual assistant.

"Yes, Ace! I'm informing both, the mayor of Vertigo Town and the mayor of Jordan City." I.V.A.N.A said with obligation. "The latter's name is Duke Nelson. Mind you, he's not much of a friendly mayor, as Jack Wheeler is."

"I'll keep in mind!" I said to my AI companion.