Her eyes watched me like a hawk as I slowly made my way over to the empty chair and sunk carefully into it. "Tea?" She offered with a sickly grin. I managed to shake my head in refusal, "No, thank you." My polite response seemed to displease her, as she levitated the teapot and began to fill her own cup.

"Now, I suppose it would be best for both of us if I got right to the point," She began, her spindly fingers carefully pouring three teaspoonfuls worth of sugar into her small cup. "It has come to my attention that you are rather young in comparison to your other classmates?"

I glanced at the tablecloth, tracing the different patterns as to avoid her eyes, "Yes, Professor. However, I am excelling in most of my classes-" The clearing of Umbridge's throat cut my explanation short. "Pardon me, Miss Potter. That was not my question." Rage burned in the deep pit of my stomach at her statement as I fought to keep my hands from shaking.

"You are two year-groups ahead of other students your age. I will not stand by preferential treatment from your Professors merely due to the fact you possess a famous last name."

I held back a scoff, "I hardly think my surname has anything to do with my academic abilities."

Watching as the toad-like woman stiffened in her seat, I felt she was holding back as much rage as myself. Perhaps I, too was Dolores Umbridge's match. I just needed to push her a little harder. "You speak out of turn, Miss Potter. I only say these things because I want you to achieve the best possible outcome in relation to your studies." Her words could not be anything further from the truth. She rose from her seat, circling the table as she stood behind me and placed her hand on my shoulder. If looks could kill, "It has also come to my attention that one of your Guardian's is an Ex-Deatheater; the other, a Half-Breed. Which, I fear, may be worse in the eyes of the Ministry."

Infuriated, I shot from my seat and turned to face her, eyes narrowed onto the disgusting pustule of a woman. It did, however, not go unnoticed; the thoughts that plagued her mind, along with her own dark secrets regarding her heritage. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?!" My outburst gave her the satisfaction she craved, at long last, a sickly grin befalling her lips as she glanced towards my, now empty, chair. "Take a seat, Miss Potter." My breaths were sparse as I watched her resume her position behind the desk, only this time I was not willing to follow her instructions, which appeared to anger Dolores, just a little.

"Such an accusation of your current association with Deatheaters and Werewolves may well land you back in the foster care system, my dear. And the people you care about in Ministry custody." I tried to appear unphased by her insinuation, forcing my worst fears deeper into the pit of my stomach, masked very well by my anger. But I waited for her to continue with the utmost impatience, "I think you and I could work well with one another,"

'That makes one of us.'

"In exchange for your willingness to co-operate and report back to me your observations of a certain student, I will ensure the ones you care about are protected." Professor Umbridge's words rang through my head like a death sentence, similar to Voldemort's the night I struck a deal with the devil. Dolores, too, was a devil. An unassuming one but just as devious, if not more, than Lord Voldemort, himself.

I took a deep and steady breath, making my way towards the office door as I opened it, turning to face her before stepping outside, "I've made deals with your kind before." I stated simply.

"You mean, this deluded fantasy of he who must not be named?" The woman giggled as though the notion itself was ridiculous.

I was now the one to scoff and shake my head, allowing the door to close, "To you, perhaps. And others, I'm sure," I closed the gap between us with each word as it left my lips, "But make no mistake, Dolores," the mention of her name left a bitter aftertaste in my mouth as I rested my hands on the edge of her desk, now towering over her as fear flickered in the woman's dark eyes, "When Voldemort does make his presence known-and, believe me, he will....Muggleborns will be the first he'll come after..." A gleam of happiness seemed to emit from her that made me want to vomit. But I wasn't quite finished yet, "And Half-breeds, as you may call them, will follow shortly after...Regardless of how high up they may sit in the Ministry." And I was now the one to threaten the Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor. I tusked as that happiness was replaced with irrevocable fear, "Careful, Dolores...Your mask is starting to slip."

Allowing my words to linger in the air, I left the toad-like woman in her office, at a loss for words. And I knew I had frightened her, which felt good...Something tells me I can handle the big, bad Dolores Umbridge...

By the time I made it back to the Slytherin Common Room, the curtains were drawn across the Black Lake's windows and nightfall had arrived. It must have been late for, as a usual occurrence of late, Draco Malfoy was sat by the fireplace, waiting for me to appear through the entrance. His perfect, blue-grey eyes found my own as he sent a worried smile my way that made me instantly feel guilty at my absence.

"How did it go with Dumbledore?" He asked, hopeful, for once, that I might tell the truth. I wasn't sure if I was on a high for standing up to Umbridge or for some other reason I couldn't quite fathom...But this once, I did.

"Alright, I guess. Remus was there, so it was nice to see him again." I shrugged, taking a seat on one of the many armchairs closest to the fireplace.

"How was he?" Draco seemed genuinely concerned, which filled me with such gratefulness that someone else other than myself cared about my Godfather, even having only encountered him for a brief time.

"He's worried about me, I suppose. Plus the last full-moon was only a few days ago." I shrugged. Silence filled the room, but I swiftly found the words leaving my lips before I had time to comprehend what I had said, "I'm ready, by the way."

Draco scoffed, perplexed, "Ready for what?" He asked, searching our surroundings for any hint at what I could possibly be talking about.

I seemed to take the biggest breath I would ever require, alleviating any worries. Only my eyes meeting his, once more, would suffice and confirm my intentions. Before I had even spoken the words, relief began to set in.

"To tell you the truth, Draco."

And the blonde Slytherin waited, patiently, for me to continue...