Out of Line

"Another goal for Slytherin!" I shrieked with excitement as Flint scored another goal, leaving us at a winning score of 90:30. I had let 3 out of 10 possible goals slip past, but other than those I had been playing tremendously.

However, as I looked across the pitch I found one of the bludgers headed straight towards Harry, almost as though it was aiming for him. Gasping, I watched as he tried to manoeuvre himself away from the ball, but it was no use. It was a rogue bludger; I had read about them in the library that night, but it only ever usually occurred when a spell had been placed upon it. Someone was cheating, and I wasn't about to let Slytherin win a match if it had been one of us.

"Hooch!" I called out to the referee angrily, motioning towards the ball chasing my brother. She shrugged and shook her head. "Nothing I can do about it, I'm afraid, Miss Potter!"

"Ugh!" I grunted angrily, watching as the bludger barely missed my brother and Draco Malfoy's heads. Malfoy was taunting him, and I watched as they both spotted the snitch and began flying after it.

I gasped as a bludger hurdled towards me, catching it in my hands at the last moment and throwing it over to another Slytherin player. They nodded in thanks, before heading towards the Gryffindor goal. As I glanced around the pitch, I watched my brother and Malfoy disappear beneath the stands, the ball soaring behind them as it chased my brother, out for blood.

No more than 30 seconds had passed before I watched Draco burst from the stands, his broom following in suit as he was flung from it and landed on his back. He writhed around on the floor in pain, Harry appearing only moments later as he chased after the golden snitch.

The bludger, however, was not finished with him. Reaching into my pocket, I took out my wand and aimed towards the ball. However, it was too late, for the ball had collided against Harry's arm, knocking him to the ground. But as he laid there on the floor, he had something in his hand - something shiny.

"Harry Potter has caught the snitch - Gryffindor Win!"

I bit my lip, a little disappointed that we had lost our first match. But my priority was making sure my brother was ok. Flying down towards the ground, I watched as the bludger continued to try and make contact with Harry.

"Confundo!" I shouted, aiming my wand at the bludger as a small gust of wind emitted from me, forcing the ball to the ground as I had willed it to do so. The rest of the crowd turned quiet, as I ran to my brother's side. "Harry, are you alright?"

He hissed in agony, his right arm laying limp in his lap. "No I-I think my arm is broken." 

"Not to worry, Harry. I will fix that arm of yours straight away!" Gilderoy Lockhart appeared beside us, adamant that he could help.

Harry looked petrified by his remark, "No. Not you!"

The Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor scoffed in offence, "The dear boy doesn't know what he's talking about. Now this," He pulled up Harry's sleeve, causing him to wince once more. "-won't hurt a bit."

I felt a little light headed at the sight of his bone protruding underneath the skin, turning away from the crowd of gathered students for a moment.

"Brachium Immendo." I turned, watching as a flash of white light emitted from Lockhart's wand. Whatever he had conjured up, did not look right at all. Watching as he lifted my brother's arm and it turned to almost jelly, flopping back and forth like a dead animal. I struggled not to gag, covering my mouth.

"Ah, you see-now that can sometimes happen. But um...As you can see, you can no longer feel any pain. And it's very clear that the bones are not broken." Lockhart tried to defend his useless attempt at fixing my brothers arm, and I found myself struggling not to raise my voice at a teacher. Fortunately, Hagrid had managed to save me from a potential detention, "Broken!? There's no bones left!"