Truth

"Professor! Professor it's a-" I swung the potions classroom door open wide, causing it to slam against the wall. I soon came to a halt, however, as I found Snape rummaging aggressively through his potions cupboard, looking for something. He ignored my loud entrance, continuing sifting through. 

"Um...what are you looking for?" I stammered, to which he slammed the cupboard door, rushing over to his countless shelves. He grabbed an empty vial, holding it so tightly I thought it was going to break in his fist. "Knotgrass! Fluxweed! Lacewing Flies!" He spat venomously as his palms presented two additional empty cylinders. "All of which are components of what!?"

I furrowed my eyebrows in deliberation, before concluding, "Sounds like polyjuice potion to me." I spoke with a small shrug, to which he bared his teeth angrily, storming towards his classroom door. "Where are you going?" I called out, following him closely as he sauntered through the corridors. 

"The headmaster's office. Some little snot-nosed brat it making polyjuice potion and I am going to find out who!"

***

"You know, I'm surprised that the daily prophet hasn't done a report on all of these attacks. I suppose Dumbledore's trying to hush it all up. Father said that Dumbledore always was the worst thing that ever happened to this place." I heard Draco speak to his posse in the common room after dinner. I clenched my fist at his remarks, waiting for either Crabbe or Goyle to pipe in, agreeing with their leader.

"You're Wrong!"

My eyes widened, as I quickly looked up from the book I had been reading to find Goyle angrily scolding his best friend. The common room grew silent, watching as their conversation unfolded.

Draco etched forth in his seat, narrowing his eyes angrily. "What!? You think there's someone here that's worse than Dumbledore!?" Draco raised his voice, as his friend looked up at him in surprise.

"Well, Do you!?" He egged further, to which Goyle finally came up with an answer.

"Harry Potter?" I felt my blood boil at his statement. Draco smirked, glancing over his shoulder as his eyes met mine. I tried to contain my anger, wanted nothing more than to rip his head off. I told myself 'one more thing, Goyle, and I'll hex you to look like a real toad!' Although bravery and courage was not exactly in my forte.

"Good one, Goyle. You're absolutely right. Saint Potter! And people actually thing that he might be the heir of Slytherin!?" I watched as Goyle relaxed a little at Draco's statement, but Crabbe continued to shift in his seat uncomfortably. Something about them two was off.

"But then, you must have some idea who's behind it all?" Goyle queried, watching as Draco furrowed his eyebrows out of anger and confusion. 

"You know I don't know, Goyle. I told you yesterday! How many times do I have to tell you?" He spat, taking a seat on the leather sofa opposite them both. I had remembered a similar conversation struck between the three of them the day prior. Why was he asking again?

"But my father did say this..." Draco paused, leaning closer in to the two of them as he whispered something. I could not make it out, however. But the words he had spoke riled Crabbe up so much that Goyle had to hold him back from launching at Draco.

"What's the matter with you two? You're acting very-odd." Draco's eyes looked over them both confusedly. And I watched as they exchanged a small glance. But their strange attitude towards their 'friend' was soon explained as I noticed a small sprout of red hair emitting through Crabbe's natural, brown hair; along with a small, lightening-shaped scar etched into Goyle's forehead that had never been there before.

It took me less than a moment to piece two and two together, they fled the room before their blonde friend could notice. He started after them, but came to a short halt as the common room door closed in front of him. He turned back to face me, confused. "Did they seem strange to you?"

I pouted and shook my head, "No." I got up from my desk, holding my book firmly in my palm as my eyes narrowed towards him. "But I think you might need to hold your dogs on a tighter leash. Because if I ever hear anything like that from any of you ever again...You might just find out who the real heir of Slytherin is." 

His eyes succumbed to the terror of what I had just implied; no matter how truthful it was. If the school wanted to believe me to be the heir of Slytherin, then so be it. If it took the blame away from Harry and bought him some time to do whatever it was he needed to do, then it was worth it.

I could only hope that Malfoy didn't take my statement to a teacher; especially Snape. I wouldn't want him to think of me in such a negative way. If Draco knew what was best for him, he would keep his trap shut to avoid any further threats. Perhaps Slytherin was the right house for me, after all. Maybe I was the heir of Slytherin without even realizing it. 

One thing, however was for certain; Harry and Ron-possibly even Hermione Granger were the ones stealing from Snape's inventory. I can only hope he does not figure out it was them. I could go to his classroom tonight and replace the stolen ingredients. But I might need to borrow a certain invisibility cloak beforehand, if I want to go un-noticed...