CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

It took us approximately forty-five minutes to get to the emergency room. Alexi insisted that we take his Jeep instead of waiting for a cab, so we did. Benji dozed off but woke up when the bright lights of Atlantic City came into view. The nightlife was happening all around us. We pulled up in the hospital parking lot just in time when the painkillers wore off.

I insisted that Anthony took Benji home and put him to bed, but both of my boys protested, so all three of us went inside to get me some help with my aching arm.

The ER was packed, and I could tell why. Half of the patients there were drunk or under the effect of certain substances. A typical Saturday, I guess. They all looked like they were ready to party after getting help with their bloody noses or broken arms. The three of us looked like we were going to a ball afterwards. An older drunk stopped in front of me, to make his obeisance, mumbled "Your Highness", then staggered on. Anthony couldn't stop laughing.

A nurse rushed past us but then noticed Anthony laughing. She stopped and took a few steps back. She looked at the bloody, ripped sleeve of my beautiful dress, then at Anthony, then back at me.

"Are you the girl who got shot at the wedding but refused to go with the paramedics?" the nurse asked.

People sitting closest to us gasped. Half of the waiting room fell silent.

"Yeah, I guess," I almost whispered. People were staring at us. I know what we looked like – like the bride and the groom. I almost felt like I should apologize to random people and explain what happened but was cut off before I could open my mouth.

"Did you fill in the form?"

"Yep, here," Anthony handed her the form he filled in for me.

She looked at the form, nodded, and then looked at me.

"Follow me," the nurse said sternly.

***

The nurse escorting us to the examination room wasn't in the best mood, her sentences were clipped and strict. Her stare lingered on Anthony a lot more than on me or my bloody arm. I guess the reason for getting the royal treatment was once again Anthony. But for once I didn't get jealous, it even amused me. I believe the reason was the painkillers I took some minutes ago.

The doctor was a man, and he was in a much better mood than his help. I think he even flirted a little, but I'm not sure. I kept giggling when he tried to explain what wound I had and how I should treat it. I hoped Anthony was there to remember everything the doctor said.

In the end, I got six stitches. Benji witnessed the whole process and was amazed by my courage, even though I felt like crying when the needle kept going in and out of my skin.

After getting me treated, Anthony took us back home. He was very bossy and told me to get changed and go to bed while he took care of Benji. But I had other plans.

"Alright babe, Benij is fed, washed up, and asleep," he says in a low voice as soon as he enters my bedroom. "Why are you still wearing your dress?"

"Don't you like it?" I say in a flirty voice, then slowly move my thigh through the long slit, "You can take it off then."

"Oh, babe," he says more as a gasp than actual words, "I know what you're doing, but the doctor said no physical activity."

"I heard...," I say in an enticing tone, even though I don't remember exactly what the doc said, "But the way you made me feel today...," I run my fingertips from my knee up my thigh, "...Just can't be left unattended."

Anthony grunts in response but doesn't move. I slide my fingers across my body, all the way up to my mouth and gently bite the tip of my index finger, and smile at him.

"Fuck babe, you're so hot!" he exclaims, and finally comes closer, but sits on the opposite side of the bed.

"I do need help with the dress," I say alluringly, and stand up slowly. I see him watching me.

I turn towards him, reach under my dress and slowly remove my panties. I throw them aside and wait for his reaction. I feel a little lightheaded, but I know what I want, and I know exactly how to get it.

He looks at the panties on the floor but still doesn't move. Then his gaze slowly turns back to me, and I can finally see the burn in his stare. He wants it as much as I do.

I turn my back to him and move my hair to one side, showing him I need help with the zipper. I hear him standing up and coming closer, but instead of going for the zipper, he reaches for the slit of my dress and moves his palm under the fabric. His warm palm lands on my buttock and ignites me even more.

He turns me to face him, then says, "We're going to go nice and slow tonight, no sudden movements. And it's going to be all about you."

This is not a request or a question. It's a fact. I nod.

He leans in to kiss me while caressing my behind with his palm. His other hand moves up my back and finally unzips my dress. The dress slides down my body, and pools at my feet. I am standing in front of my man, only wearing a bra.

"This has to go," he whispers and snaps the bottom band of my bra against my back. I gasp, my body wanting more. I didn't even realize I could get this kind of sensation from little pain. He unclips the bra with one swift move and takes it off.

He picks me up astride him and kisses me. He's still fully dressed while I'm completely naked. He gently places me on the bed, minding my bandaged arm. Then with small slow kisses moves from my collarbone to my navel, removing his clothes, item by item on his way down. He's now wearing only his pants. I can see his tattoos and muscles, his body looking perfect and the dim light of the bedroom leaving shadows in all the right places.

He licks the apex of my thigh, catching me off guard. Then continues kissing my thigh. I'm so ready to go, but he's keeping his word. We're going nice and slow. So, I need to speed things up.

"Baby, help me unwind and relax...you know exactly what to do," I whisper between moans.

He looks at me with his wolfish grin, then with one rough movement spreads my legs completely and dives in. The way he uses his tongue on me is magical. I wasn't wrong when I said he knows exactly what to do, even though I meant something else. He moves his tongue and lips so masterfully that he gets me close to my O in no time.

"Babe, I'm close, I need you," I plead and try to stroke his head between my legs, trying to get him to come back up and...fuck me.

But this time he has other plans. He grabs my wrists, pins them to the mattress, and just keeps on going. It takes him only a moment to get me to the next level...just seconds later I feel my body tingle, then my breathing quickens and my body shivers as I come to my climax. He kisses me down there and looks at me with a victorious smile.

"Now get here, I still need you," I say through gritted teeth. I just reached my climax but I'm definitely ready for more. Always, with this man.

"No, babe, I told you, it's all about you tonight. You can make it up to me whenever you want," he says and winks. And I know he's joking. He's not the kind of man to keep track.

"I love you."

He doesn't respond but climbs next to me, kisses me below my ear, and spoons me. I can feel him rock-hard behind me, and I reach for him, but he stops me, takes my hand, kisses it, and places it on my belly, his hand on top of mine.

"I love you, babe," he whispers as I drift off to sleep, with the biggest smile on my face.