[14]

-H-hyung-ie?' Jungkook choked out with glossy heartbroken eyes. Tae looked away.

Tae: I need some time to cool off Jungkook. You, out of all people, broke my promise, my trust and I don't know if I can deal with you right now....So please. Leave."

Jungkook felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. Taehyung was his closest friend, his confidant, and now he was pushing him away. He didn't know how to fix things between them, but he knew he had to try.

-No! Hyung, please, no! Please don't kick me out?" Jungkook said, his voice trembling. "I need you. I don't know what to do without you. Please don't shut me out like this."

Taehyung turned back to face him, his expression softening slightly. He could see the pain in Jungkook's eyes and he knew he couldn't stay angry forever. But he is still too hurt by his act. He just looked away and exhaled deeply.

Jungkook took some tiny shaky steps and stood before Taehyung, tears streaming down his face. His hand trembled as he reached out to touch Taehyung's shoulder, but the older boy quickly shrugged him off.

-Taehyung hyung, please," Jungkook sobbed, his voice choked with emotion. "I-I won't do it again, I promise. A-and I'm honest this time!"

-I can bet I heard the same thing from the same person before...I don't think I should fall for his trick again, should I?' Tae aid in fake mocking tone although Taehyung's expression was dark and brooding as he stared down at the younger boy who looked down in shame and cried harder.

Tae scoffed, he was seething with anger, and he could feel his hands balling into fists at his sides. He wanted to scream, to lash out at Jungkook for his recklessness, but he knew that it wouldn't solve anything. And also he don't have the heart for hurting the only makhne of his more that he did already. After all Jungkook is like his own child!

Instead of leashing out, he turned his back on Jungkook and walked over to the window, staring out at the city skyline in silence....trying to calm his mind.

Jungkook let out a chocked sob yet followed him, his eyes pleading for forgiveness; he won't leave until Tae forgives him. But Taehyung remained stone-faced and silent.

For a few minutes, they stood there in silence, the only sound in the room the sound of Jungkook's quiet sobs...before Tae finally sighed and turned to the makhne...who looked pathetic right now. Taehyung's anger slowly began to ebb away as he watched the younger boy's pain, and he knew that he needed to talk to him.

Jungkook stood in the back of Taehyung with tears streaming down his face, his hands clasped together in a pleading gesture. "Taehyung hyung, please listen to me," he said, his voice choked with emotion. "I'm really sorry for what I did. I promise I won't cut myself again. Please don't ignore me, talk to me."

But Taehyung's face was a mask of anger and disappointment. He glared at Jungkook for a brief moment before turning his gaze away, refusing to look at the younger boy. "I can't deal with you right now, Jungkook," he said, his voice cold and harsh. "You broke my trust. You promised me you wouldn't do it again, and yet you did. How can I trust you now?"

Jungkook's sobs grew louder as he tried to explain himself. "Hyung, I know I messed up. But please, give me another chance. I'll do anything to make it up to you. I just need you to talk to me, to help me through this."

But Taehyung was too angry to listen. "Just leave, Jungkook," he said, his voice rising in anger. "I need time to cool off. I can't deal with this right now."

Jungkook's heart sank at Taehyung's words. He had expected anger and disappointment, but it is harder to know than feel.

He took a step forward, reaching out to touch Taehyung's arm gently, this time Tae didn't yanked it. He just kept looking outside, his eyes blazing with emotion.

Tae: Why, Jungkook?" he whispered, his voice laced with pain and frustration. "Why would you do this to yourself again?"

Jungkook: I missed you so much hyung...I got depressed because we weren't been able to hang out together for such long time...we all meet for a little time nowadays, we all are busy and...I felt alone.'

Tae felt his heart pinch on Jungkook's speech. Jungkook was true, they all went busy with solo shoots that they all drifted away from each other's lately. They all felt sad for that and Tae can feel how the makhne felt. It hurts Jungkook the most because his world is his hyungs! He fought against his own tears.

-I'm sorry! Please, Taehyung-ie hyung," Jungkook pleaded when he saw Tae is not responding him, his voice cracking. "I know I should've controlled myself, I messed up, and I'm so sorry. I never meant to break your trust. I was struggling without you all, and I made a mistake. But I promise you, I'm going to get help from hyungs this time... I'm working on opening up myself more to all hyungs... and I won't let this happen again. Please, just talk to me...please don't shut me out!" Jungkook sobbed on Tae's forearms, hugging his hand tightly, 'P-please don't hate me hyung-ie?'

Taehyung stiffed on his place as his breathe hitched on the word 'hate'...hate Jungkook? God he could never! How he can ever hate this cute adorable troublesome baby bunny like kid brother of his? And Tae's anger subsided, replaced by concern and immeasurable love for his dongsaeng!

Taehyung took a deep breath, trying to compose himself before gently pulling Jungkook into a hug. He could feel the younger boy's body shaking with sobs as he held onto him tightly.

-Oh baby! I don't hate you, Jungkook-ah," Taehyung said softly, rubbing circles on his back. "I could never hate you... I'm just so disappointed and hurt that you broke your promise. You know how much your well-being means to me, and I hate seeing you hurt yourself."

Jungkook buried his face into Taehyung's shoulder, soaking his shirt with tears. "I'm sorry, hyung," he whispered. "I know I messed up. But please, give me another chance. I promise I won't let you down again."

Taehyung pulled away from the hug and held Jungkook's face in his hands, wiping away his tears with his thumbs. "I want to believe you, Jungkook," he said, his voice gentle. "But I need you to show me that you're serious about getting help and taking care of yourself. I'll support you every step of the way, but you need to take responsibility for your own well-being too."

Jungkook nodded, his eyes still red and puffy from crying. "I will, hyung," he said, his voice small.

-Good baby.' Taehyung took a deep breath and spoke in a low fond voice. "You scared me with what you did, and I don't want to see you hurt yourself again."

Jungkook nodded, his eyes still filled with tears. "I'm sorry, hyung. I wasn't in my right mind. I didn't mean to scare any of you."

-I know you didn't," Taehyung said softly, his tone gentler now. "But you need to talk to me when you're feeling like this. Don't keep it bottled up inside. I told you this before too! I always do tell you that! You have six hyungs Jungkook! Six freaking older brothers! Then why the hell you will suffer alone, huh?'

Jungkook sniffled and pouted, 'Sorry.'

Tae: I know you are! But still you did what you could have avoided by being a little smarter and mature.'

Jungkook looked down biting his lower lips, trying to understand where the conversation was going to.

Tae: I let it go with just a warning last time because I knew you were too young to know how to deal with stresses and depression...but now after this many years, when you are almost an adult, I can't just let it go. Cause I know this time you need to hold the weight of your wrong doings and that's why you need a proper reminder,' Tae sighed and Jungkook's palpitation increased knowing what's coming next, 'you are getting punishment this time, Jungkook.'