[09]

As the phone rang, Jin could feel his heart beating faster. He was angry and hurt, but he knew he had to keep a level head if he wanted to get to the bottom of things. Finally, Manager Lee picked up.

-Manager Lee, this is Jin. I need to talk to you," Jin said in a calm but firm voice.

-Ah, Jin! You reached home safely right? Tell me, what can I do for you?" Manager Lee's voice sounded cheerful, but Jin could sense something off about it.

-I just wanted to talk to you about something that came to my attention. It's regarding Jungkook and some things he told us," Jin said, his voice becoming colder, ''Just answer me honestly, what the heck is your problem with my dongsaengs?'

-W-what? I can't understand y-you, Seokjin....' Manager Lee's tone shifted immediately, and Jin could hear the tension in his voice. "Who told you I have a problem with your dongsaengs? What is it about Jungkook? Is he okay?" he asked, sounding concerned.

-I'm not sure if he's okay or not, but that's what I wanted to talk to you about. Yoongi told me that Jungkook tried to reach me and was treated poorly by someone on our team. He said that someone said mean things to Jungkook and made him feel like a burden," Jin said, his voice laced with anger.

Manager Lee hesitated for a moment before responding. "I'm not sure what you're talking about, Jin. I haven't heard anything about this," he said, his voice sounding defensive.

Jin could tell he was lying. "I find that hard to believe, Manager Lee. I think you know exactly what I'm talking about. Jungkook wanted to reach me and my phone was with you the whole time. Look, I know it has to be you. Still I'm being nice and asking you, if you're involved in this in any way, I want to know why," Jin said, his voice now firm and unwavering.

There was a long pause on the other end of the line before Manager Lee finally spoke again. "Okay, fine. I'll admit it. I said some things to Jungkook. But it was only because he was being a distraction and slowing things down. I never meant to hurt him," he said, sounding remorseful.

-That's not done, Manager Lee. That's totally not done! Jungkook is a very important member of our team, and most of all he is the youngest! And he deserves to be treated with respect and kindness, he is a kid and still learning, yet he is doing his best. Sorry to say, but if you can't do the same with him, then maybe you're not fit to be our manager," Jin said, his voice stern.

There was a long silence on the other end of the line before Manager Lee finally spoke again. "I understand, Jin. I'll do better. I'll apologize to Jungkook and make things right," he said, his voice sounding defeated.

Jin nodded, satisfied with Manager Lee's response. "Good. I expect you to do just that. For the future note, none of my dongsaengs are disturbance for me, so don't be a third wheeler between them and me....And if anything like this happens again," his voice turned deeper, 'You will regret your whole existence, I swear. Good night.' He mocked before hanging up and exhaled deeply.

He looked at the darkening sky above and thought about Jungkook. He was scared to meet the younger one, he was still angry with Jungkook for doing such dumb thing and on the other side he was angry with himself for not being able to be there for his little baby bunny when he needed the most.

No matter how much Jungkook felt low and sad, he has no right to break their heart by doing something that all of his hyungs hates about, more of all when he knew it very well that his hyungs is so much protective over him in such kind of matters! How could he?