Chapter 32: Working Hard Together

Midoriya POV:

I woke up to my phone's alarm going off. Reaching over to it I shut it off and sat up in bed. Looking around it took me a moment to remember I wasn't in my room. After last night with Ochako we went and hung out here, but didn't realize how late it got and I didn't want to get caught out past curfew, so Ochako invited me to spend the night. Needless to say, it was nice to be with her all night. Looking down beside me in the bed I saw the slowly waking up form of Ochako.

She's so pretty, even when she's sleeping.

Ochako had asked if she could come to watch me train this morning, and I figured why not let her? We'd be able to grab something to eat afterward if we wanted.

Seeing how it was getting a bit later and she was taking a while to get up, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

"Ochako," I said softly as I leaned in and kissed her forehead. "You need to wake up. We have to get going."

"I didn't realize how early you wake up on school days, Izuku," she said groggily as her eyes fluttered open. She sat up slowly and kissed me good morning. "I'm gonna go get washed. You can head back to your room so you can get dressed since your clothes aren't here."

"Alright, let's meet downstairs in 10 minutes so we can get going, alright?"

"Sounds good. See ya in a bit Izuku!"

~~~~~~~~

It took Ochako a little over ten minutes to come down. Once she did we made our way outside so we could get to the training facility.

"Wow it's cold now," Ochako said as she shivered a bit.

"Yeah, I guess winter had to come eventually," I responded. Then I got an idea. "You know, Kacchan is probably already at the training facility, and it is pretty cold out so there's no point in taking our time."

"What are you getting at?" Ochako asked.

"Just this," I said as I grabbed her and held her in my arms, bridal style. I charged up One for All to 20 percent throughout my whole body and started to run and leap towards the facility so we could get there faster.

"This is amazing!" Ochako exclaimed. "You need to take me everywhere like this from now on!"

"Sure, I think I can manage that," I said back while laughing.

The rest of the trip was over in a flash. We landed outside of the training facility and began to make our way inside. Once we were in the lobby we were hit with a wave of warmth.

"Ahh, that feels great," Ochako said as she basked in the heat.

"Yeah, I much rather the heat than the cold," I added.

"So, are you just sparring with Bakugo again today?"

"Yeah pretty much. Why?"

"Any chance I can go for a round too?"

"Ha! As if I'd let you fight Kacchan. He wouldn't hold back and he'd hurt you. I'm not putting you through that."

"Damn, guess I'll just watch for today." I felt a bit bad shooting her down like that.

"Hey, maybe we can figure something else out another day. Does that sound good?" Her face lit up a bit after I asked that.

"Yeah, that sounds good."

The two of us then made our way into the main gym area and walked over toward the sparring arena. The only thing different today was that it wasn't just Kacchan and All Might there.

"What are you all doing here?" I asked as I looked and saw everyone from the class standing there with Kacchan.

"We know that at first, we were a bit skeptical about you when we first learned about where your quirk came from, but after some talking, we all realized the same thing," Kaminari began.

"You've shown us time and time again how much effort you put into your training to become stronger," Tokoyami added.

"So all of us realized that you proved a while ago that you already proved your capability of being a hero, even without your power," Hagakure continued.

"And we know that some of us have been a bit harsh to you over the recent months about how you weren't sharing the truth with us," Kirishima explained.

"So all of us together want to come and tell you that we're sorry," Iida said as the entire class bowed.

"You guys, thank you so much," I said as my eyes got a bit teary. "You didn't have to do that, but it means a lot that you did."

"Now for the other thing," Ashido said.

"We wanted to do something to help make it up to you, and figured this would be the best way," Yaoyorozu said.

"Figured out what would be the best way?" I asked them, confused.

"We're all going to help you train," Todoroki explained. "We all want to help you achieve your goal, and at the same time we want to be able to improve right alongside you so we can help you out anytime you need." I was shocked at this, how everyone had come together for me.

I do have the best friends, don't I?

"Thank you all, this means so much to me," I said to them all.

"Don't be thanking us, thank Bakugo," Iida started. "It was his idea."

"Really Kacchan?" I asked as I turned to him. "You helped think of this?"

"Yeah, I did," he said with a smirk. "It felt a little boring just fighting you alone every day, and now that everyone knows we can switch it up a bit."

"Yeah, I guess that'll be fun," I said as I turned to Ochako. "Looks like you can fight today after all."

"Sweet, this'll be fun!" She exclaimed.

"Alright, now that that's done with it's getting a bit late and you all have school soon," All Might said as he stepped forward. "I suggest you all get started now."

"Right," I said. "Are you guys all ready?"

"As ready as we can be," Iida said. "Let's just hope we can keep up with you."

Looking around at all my classmates, no, friends, I saw the looks of determination they had on their faces. I looked towards All Might and saw he was thinking the same thing I was.

They remind me of how I was when I first began my training.

Smiling big and proud I started to walk towards the arena.

"You guys will all be fine," I said as we all walked into the arena. Turning around and looking at them once again I spoke up to them all.

"Now, let's get this training started!"

~~~~~~~~

The End