Chapter 22: Explanations

Midoriya POV:

I can't let this person get away. They know too much and have heard about One for All!

As I started the chase, I instantly started to break ahead of Kacchan. I was only using 20 percent, but it seemed like the person running had a decent head start.

As I broke outside I looked around frantically, trying to find anyone. Finally looking in the distance I saw someone with shoulder-length brown hair running away.

That must be them!

They were too far for me to tell anything else about them, so I'd have to catch up to them now so we can explain everything and make them not say a word.

Crouching down and letting One for All flow through me, I powered up to 40 percent. In a flash, I took off with such speed I caught up to them in less than ten seconds. I flashed in front of them, making them stop in their tracks and fall to the ground in shock. Looking down I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Ochako?" I said in shock as my quirk powered down.

"Izuku! Izuku, I'm sorry," she said. She looked up at me and I saw there were tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry I followed you. I just wanted to know the truth so I could help you and-"

I cut her off as I knelt and hugged her tightly.

She must've been terrified when we took off after her like that.

"Ochako, it's okay. You don't need to apologize. Why are you crying though?"

"B-because, I thought you were going to be mad at me since I broke your trust," she spoke between sobs. "I thought you would not trust me and break up with me."

"Ochako, don't be upset. I know you only had my best interest at heart and meant no harm." I reached down and wiped the tears from her eyes. Using a finger I placed it below her chin and lightly nudged her head so she was looking into my eyes. "I would never get mad at you over something like that." I leaned down and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead. "Especially not break up with you over it either."

"Izuku, thank you!" She said as her tears finally stopped and she hugged me back. Only then did All Might and Kacchan catch up.

"What the hell! Uraraka?" Kacchan exclaimed. "You spied on us! Who do you-" He stopped talking as I shot him a dirty look, essentially saying shut the hell up before I make you.

Finally calming down a bit more, Ochako let go of me and stood up, bowing to All Might and Kacchan.

"I'm sorry for eavesdropping on you. I knew something was up with Izuku and figured it had to do with you guys, so I wanted to figure it out so I could help him."

"That's very kind of you, young Uraraka," All Might began. "Now, I'm assuming you heard everything we were saying back there?"

"Yes sir," she replied nervously.

"Well then, I think you deserve a real explanation then. Let's head to my office."

"Are we just letting her get off scot-free? She went against us all and spied on us, and now she gets to learn the truth?" Kacchan seemed pretty pissed off for some reason. I don't get why though.

"She already heard enough to have the whole idea of what the truth is, so she at least deserves a real explanation," I said coldly to him, annoyed that he was angry at her. "Let's get going. We still have to make it to school later."

We all started walking to the main building so we could speak in private, with me walking with my arm around Ochako the entire time.

~~~~~~~~