27> Lips

-Lips-

Taeyeon eyes widened when Jessica pulled her into a hug. The hug was too tight, squeezing her out of her breath. Her eyes softened when she heard sounds of weeping from the blonde woman. Her arms slides around the blonde's back, returning the hug. Noticing other people was watching them, Taeyeon pulled away.

"Where have you been?" Jessica asked between her sobs.

"It's a long story and why are you crying silly," Taeyeon smiled, wiping Jessica's tears with her finger, "Let's go somewhere comfortable to talk."

"I was shocked when I heard the news. I tried to contact you, to find you... You should have come to me," Jessica said. They chose to sit at the café nearby.

"Sorry if I make you worry. I don't want to drag you in my problem."

"It's ok. And I'm sorry about what had happen. But although we have broke up, I'm still your friend Taeyeon-ah." Jessica stated as she reached Taeyeon's hand across the table.

"Thanks for your concern but I'm fine." Taeyeon's lips curved into a small smile. "Enough with your sad face. Anyway, how have you been? Still playing with kids?" Taeyeon try to change the topic. Even though it was all in the past, she was still feel bitter to talk about it.

"Yes, you know how I looooove kids. That's why I choose pediatrician." Jessica proudly said.

"Yeah, 'love'. Poor those kids need to suffer with your ices," Taeyeon chuckled.

"Yah, I'm not like that!"

"I just started here yesterday. What a small world to get into the same hospital as you."

"Wait! You are the new doctor? Oh my!" Jessica face palmed "Wait, you haven't finish your story."

Taeyeon quickly look away, "I have."

"No you haven't. I know you since med school Taeyeon-ah. I know you didn't do that right? You are not easy blinded over money. You didn't treat you patient because of that. So, what went wrong?"

Taeyeon looked at Jessica and shift looking at distance, "People change..."

"Yes, but you didn't. Tell me the truth," the blonde looked at her with determination, making Taeyeon's wall slowly crushing.

"It's my father."

Jessica silence letting Taeyeon to continue, "He was involve in gambling and loan money from the shark."

"So, he asked you to pay his debt? How could he do that to you!?"

"No one can help him except me. Jiwoong didn't work at that time. So, I have to," Taeyeon looked down with sad eyes.

Jessica went into deep thinking, "Is that... the reason why you broke up with me?" she asked, a little sad hinting in her voice. She remembered the day when suddenly Taeyeon ask to breake up with her, it was a couple of months before the news revealed.

"I'm sorry..." Taeyeon could only apologies.

Jessica sighed, "It's ok... it's not your fault. It's your father's fault. He make you suffer, and then he cast you away just like that?? What kind father is he? That bastard!"

"Hey! Is my dad you are talking about!!" Taeyeon raised her voice a little. No matter how bad his father, a father is still a father.

"I'm sorry.." Jessica apologized, "But he is too much..."

"That thing is all in the past. I'm fine with it now."

-x-x-x-

Today Tiffany has schedule for operation. She has five angioplasty to do today. Before entering the operating theater, she went to the changing room to change into her scrubs suit. She was about to undo her button when Taeyeon entered. The girl was looking back at her with unreadable expression.