6> The Final Race

CHAPTER 6

-The Final Race-

Lunch with Taeyeon ended well without them killing each other. Tiffany thought it would be great that she won't be seeing that blonde again after this but somehow she felt uncomfortable.

Before she returned to the hospital, she decided to stop by a workshop that she found on her way.

"Hai, can I help you... miss pretty lady?" Yuri welcomed Tiffany with a flirty smile. She winked her right eyes and flipped her dark long hair. "I'm Kwon Yuri. Just call me-"

*Smack* Yuri's head was hit with a rolled newspaper.

"Ouch! Yoona!!!" cried Yuri.

"Stop flirting with the customer!"

"Ooo... Don't be jealous!" Yuri grinned teasingly.

"I'm not."

"Don't worry Yoongie. For me, you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Well, maybe after this pretty young lad-" Another hit was given to her back.

Yoona turned to the customers who was now giggling at them, "I'm so sorry, miss. This woman has something wrong with her head. Please ignore her. What can I do for you?"

"It's ok. Actually, my car has a few scratches. Do you think you can fix it?"

"Hm... let's see..." Yoona take a look at the car. "Don't worry. We can handle it. It doesn't look so bad. What happen?"

Tiffany told a little bit story how she had the accident and how she was asked to pay back even though it was not entirely her fault.

Sunny eyes widened when she saw a woman she recognized was talking with Yoona and Yuri. She was about to go back in the workshop and hide in without anyone noticing but luck was not on her side.

"Hey, it's you!!" Tiffany called, noticing the familiar short green haired girl from behind.

Sunny make a face and turned her head to the woman calling her with a confuse look. Her mind was trying to find what she should say. She was not sure what happened to the woman and Taeyeon after that day and she didn't want to involve in it anymore.

Yuri looked at Sunny suspiciously, "Do you know her Sunny?"

"Oh, yeah. I just remember now. She is the one who had accident with Taeng." Sunny stated. Seems that she can't run away from this mess.

"Owh... you are the hot girl they are talking about!!" Yuri exclaimed loudly. "Nice to meet you, miss...?"

"Tiffany,"

"I'm Yuri, Taeyeon's best friend. This is my girlfriend, Yoona."

Sunny walked to them, "Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier. I'm Sunny. So, how's you and Taeyeon. Have you guys settled the problem?"

"Yes. We had settle it over a lunch just now and I agree to pay half of the amount she wanted."

Yuri gasped, "WHAAAT?? Taeng had a lunch with a beautiful woman? It's not fair!" she exclaimed but quickly ran away when she saw Yoona was about to hit her again.

"It's great then. It's not a big sum of money anyway," stated Sunny as she silently sighed in relief.

"Pardon?"

"Taeyeon-unnie is one of my regular customers and like a family to us, I gave her special discount." added Yoona.

"Yup, she only has to pay 200 for it." Sunny continue without realizing what she had put her bestfriend into.

Tiffany couldn't believe at what she had just heard, 'She lied to me? Ah, I need my scalpel now.'

Sunny noticed the slight changes on Tiffany's expression. 'Oh, god Taeyeon, you must have done something wrong again right? '

"When can I get my car back?" Tiffany turned to Yoona.

"Tomorrow. And for the time being, you can use the car that we provide for the customers."

"Thank you but it's ok. I'll just take a taxi. I have to go now. I'll come again tomorrow." Tiffany left hurriedly.

Sunny noticed something was off with Tiffany. ' I had a bad feeling about this... Why she was surprised when I say only 200 dollars? hm... maybe... oh! Don't say that she lied to her-...crap!'

---------

As promised, Junsu came to give the money he had promised to Taeyeon. "I came as promised. But this time I brought some companions."

"Who cares about your companion? Just give me my money and you get your bike back."

"The money is here with me. But I want one more race with you."

"You had lost. What else you are trying to do? Wouldn't it feel bad if you lose for the second time?"

"Yes it will. But this time my friend here will be racing," Junsu patted a guy with black helmet and black biker suit on black motorbike.

Taeyeon frowned looking at suspicious dark biker who was hiding his face behind the helmet, "No, I refuse."

"Why? Because you afraid of losing? If you are so good, it won't be difficult to win again right? Alright, here's the deal, just one more race and if he lose, then I'll give you the money and we will leave this place forever alright?"

"Taeng no. This is a trap Taeyeon." said Sunny worried.

Taeyeon knew this might be a trap but she didn't have any choice but to end this once for all.

"Alright then."

Both Taeyeon and dark rider were ready at the starting line. Taeyeon was nervous but she assure herself that she could win. She ride her own bike this time anyway. So, there's no way she will lose.

"Ok. Ready..., GO!" a handkerchief was dropped and so the race began.

At the beginning, Taeyeon was leading. But after half way, the dark rider got his pace and moved with the same speed as Taeyeon. He eventually increased her speed more, leaving Taeyeon behind.

"Bye, bye, bitch! See you at the finishing line." He laughed evilly while waving his hand at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon felt angry. She sped up more, trying to catch up. After a few corners and turns, she managed to close the gap and kept her speed. Just three more corners and she will see the finishing line. To her unknown, the man was smiling widely behind her.

Taeyeon had turned at the second last corner, only a few meters from the finishing line. But unfortunately, when she was about to enter the last deadly corner, there was something shining flashed and caused her to lose her vision for a few seconds. When she get her vision back, she had drive towards the road divider.

A loud crash was heard from the finishing line and everybody was wondering what was happening. The dark rider had arrived at the finishing line and Sunny was worried about Taeyeon. Her eyes widened when she saw a smoke on the road not far from her.

"TAEYEONNN!"

-----------

It was 3am. Tiffany took her break in the on call room. She was about to take a nap when suddenly her cell phone rang.

"Hello..." She answered and yawned.

"Doctor Hwang, we have an emergency in red zone and need your help!"

"I'm on my way."

Despite her sleepiness she went out to the emergency. A doctor ran towards her, holding a clip board in his hand.

"26 year old lady, had MVA while riding motorbike about 1 hour ago. She had multiple injury over her body, 2 , 3 and 4 left rib fracture, closed fracture of the right radius and open fracture on her left tibia. FAST scan showed bleeding in peritoneum. Otherwise, she has no signs of cervical injury or trauma to the head. We had resus over 15 minutes, her vital is not very stable. Emergency OT has been informed and the orthopedics and anesthetist are ready as well."

Looking at the unconscious patient, Tiffany was shocked.

"Bring her to OT now!"