3> First Day

CHAPTER 3

-First Day-

Tiffany stood in front of a door written 'Professor Dr. Lee, Head of department'. She knocked twice and wait for permission to enter.

"Come in."

She stepped inside and was welcomed by a middle age man who was about his 50s. "You must be Doctor Hwang," he offered to shake hand.

"Yes, I'm Stephanie Hwang. I apologized for reporting late. I just met an accident this morning."

"Accident? Are you alright?"

"Yes, it's just a little accident. Just a few scratches on my car."

"Thank god you are ok. Have a seat, please. I am honored to receive you as a part of our team in Emergency department. You know, this is just a district hospital. I'm actually surprised to receive an application from the main hospital about your transfer. I hope you can help us with your experience from there."

"Sure. It will be my pleasure to be here. I will do my best in doing my job."

"That's good to hear. I have informed my staffs about your presence hope you can get along with them."

"Yes, of course."

"Staff Nina will show you your room. You may leave now."

"Thank you Prof."

"You are welcome."

Tiffany settled herself in her room. She put her stuff and her bags there and wore her white coat with stethoscope around her neck. She went out of the room, ready to start her work.

Every hospital have different system in managing their patient. Since she was not familiar with how were done, she decided to approach a staff who was sitting behind the triage counter munching some chips discretely under the table.

"Excuse me? Hai! I am Hwang Tiffany. The new-"

"The new doctor from the main hospital?" The staff cut her before she could introduce herself. "Prof Lee had told us about you. Welcome to the district hospital! Nice to meet you doctor Hwang." The girl stood up and shake hand with Tiffany. Tiffany was a little surprise of how tall the woman was.

"We are glad to receive another doctor here. We are lack of staff these days with lots of patient to be treated."

"Yes, I'm glad to be here too. Hope we can get along."

"Oh, we will. By the way, I'm Choi Sooyoung. Just call me Sooyoung."

"Then, you can call me Tiffany."

"Oh, I can't do that Doc, you are a doctor."

"A doctor is just a title. Call me by my name. I need a friend. Hope you are willing to be mine."

"Alright, then.. Tiffany. I will call you 'Tiffany' if there's only us alright?"

"Fair enough."

Sooyoung brought Tiffany around the department and introduce her to the rest of the staff. Tiffany was glad they seem to welcome her presence.

"And lastly, this is doctor Seo. The youngest doctor in the department."

"Nice to meet you doctor Hwang. By the way, we are about to start our rounds. Do you want to join us?"

"Sure."

After reviewing all the patients, Tiffany came to Seohyun.

"Seohyun, can you tell me again a bit history about the patient on bed 2, Mr Park?"