13> Goodbye

CHAPTER 13

-Goodbye-

"That's all?" Yoona took Taeyeon's bag and zipped it. "Anything else?"

"No, that's all." Taeyeon scanned the room, searching for anything that she might have forgotten. "You go first, Yoona. Wait me at the lobby. I want to check if I left anything in the toilet."

Taeyeon will be discharged today. She was no longer needed to stay in the hospital. However, she still need to continue her physiotherapy which she can do it at home and only come for the regular checkup monthly. Taeyeon can walk but with walking stick. She was still not confident to walk alone even though the doctor said she can.

Because of the walking stick, sometimes her friends teased her and called her grandma or ahjumma. Taeyeon didn't mind it a bit. She glad that her friends treated her as usual.

Almost 8 months stayed in the hospital who was like her second home, Taeyeon felt happy to final be able to go back home but at the same she was sad because it means she will no longer see Tiffany.

Taeyeon exited the room and approached a nurse who passed by, "Excuse me, do you know where Dr. Hwang is?" she asked.

"I think she is on call today. Probably she is still doing the ward round."

Taeyeon felt dejected. It means that she won't see her for the last time. She didn't have the chance to say thanks and goodbye to her properly. She was sure Tiffany's knows about her discharge but it's not that she would leave her work just to see her leaving right?

Taeyeon looked at her watch, "Hm...I better get going," she glanced back at the room for the last time, before leaving it halfheartedly.

---------------

Tiffany was doing the rounds with her colleague and supervisors going from one cubicle to another cubicle. Those patients were just admitted last night during her on call. Her oncall won't end until 8pm that day. She knew Taeyeon was going to be discharged today. She wanted to see her so bad, but she couldn't leave her job right now.

Seohyun was on her way to the toilet passed by group of doctors in observation ward in A&E. She noticed Tiffany was there as well. She quietly slip into the group and stand close beside Tiffany. "Unnie what are you doing here?" asked Seohyun in whispered.

"I'm following ward rounds, what else?"

"I know, but don't you know that Taeyeon unnie will be discharged today?"

"I know."

"Then?"

"I can't leave my work."

"Just go unnie, just 15 minutes you go nobody will notice. I'll cover it up for you."

"But you don't know my patients."

"Who says I didn't know. Just go now and leave it to me unnie." Seohyun took the clipboard from Tiffany's hand, pushed the doctor out of the group and just gave a smile to the fellow doctors who looked at them weirdly.

"Thank you," Tiffany mouthed before she ran.

Tiffany quickly rushed to the lift. Pressing the button repeatedly, it feels like forever for the lift to come so she decided to just take the stairs. The orthopedic wards was on the 7th floor. Tiffany almost passed out when she got there but she kept running to Taeyeon's room. She didn't know whether the blonde was still there or not. But hopefully, she was not too late.

Tiffany arrived at the room panting. "Taeyeon?" She opened the door, hoping to see the girl. But unfortunately, she was late. Taeyeon had already left. The bed sheets had been replaced, the chairs were well arranged in the corner, the room was cleaned and none of Taeyeon's belongings were left. She stood there sighing. Taeyeon had left without saying goodbye to her.