08| Embracing Change

Ive been wondering through these halls for a good solid ten minutes, trying to find the office or the principals office

I've just been taking whatever hall I thought I needed to go to and I'm currently confused, I probably look like a lost dog.

It's like I'm stuck in a maze.
There are so many halls going left and right, it's confusing.

I'm irritated and have lost my patience at this point, so I'm gonna have ask someone.

I walk to a random group of dudes. Did I have to do that? No, I could've chosen a girl, but did I? No. Why? Because they were closer to me.

"Hey Um, sorry to interrupt y'all's conversation, but do you directing me to the principals office is?" I ask no one in particular.

"Yeah, it's right there behind you." A blonde guy with really nice green blue eyes says, pointing behind me.

I follow his finger, and there stands a grey door with a silver plaque that says,

MR. TAYLOR
Principal

Well that was stupid of me to ask. I could've just looked more.

I look back at the group. "Thank you."

"No problem. Can I get your name?" The same guy asks.

"Kiara."

"Trey." He introduces. "And this is Diego, Jake, Cole and elijah." He introduces the rest of the boys.

I nod.

"Well it was nice meeting you guys, but I gotta go." I point my thumb over my shoulder, to the principals office.

They smile and I return the smile. I turn around and take a few steps across the hallway to the office.

I'm now in front of the door with my hand on the door handle. I don't know if I'm supposed to approach this. Am I meant to knock or just get in, but in case I'll just knock and then pop my head inside.

I do exactly that, and there stands three people.

A beautiful dark skin women with curly hair thats put into a messy like bun. She has dark eyes and looks to be in her early thirties.

She's wearing a nice baby blue blouse, a black leather knee length skin tight skirt and black heels.

I see a man, with his hair styled to perfection with hazel eyes. He's wearing a black tuxedo.

My eyes then move to the next person a wow.

He is hot. Like really hot.

My eyes are now controlling themselves at this point.

They are betraying me.

They fall down to his neck, that has a silver chain around it.

He's wearing washed out blue baggy jeans, with green t shirt and a dark green puffy jacket.

He has on some black Jordan's.

Weird he actually looks really familiar to me, I just can't wrap my head around where I've seen him

Now that they're all staring at me in confusion, like they've never seen me before. I awkwardly get in a close the door behind me.

"Hello," there goes the awkwardness. "Sorry to interrupt you, but I'm here to pick up a schedule, for Kiara Reed." I continued.

"Ahh, I've been waiting for you Kiara." The man says. I smile not knowing what to say.

"Well it's nice to meet you I'm Mr. Taylor, the principal. This is my son Grayson." He motions to the guy I was looking at for way to long, because my goddamn eyes won't look away.

So this Grayson dude is the son of the principal...

"Hey." His voice... it's sounds so familiar.

"Hey." I greet back with an awkward wave and a tight lipped smile.

Why do I alway got to act so awkward and weird?!

He drops his head and lets out a soft chuckle.

"And that's," he points to the women walking around a desk, holding an A5 sized schedule. "Mrs. Voss."

She smiles at me and I smile back. She has a nice smile. It's welcoming and bright.

"Here you go." Mrs. Voss hands me my schedule.

"Thank you."

"No problem.

She starts explaining how it works and any other other things I'd need to know.

"And thats all you'll have to know. If you foregt anything or just need to ask a question you are more than welcome to come to me or Mr Taylor." She finishes.

"Okay thank you. Do you mind giving me the directions to the maths class?"

"Actually Grayson, would you mind showing her where it is, since your already going there in about," he looks at the expensive looking watch on his wrist, "Three minutes or so." Mr. Kingston speaks.

"Okay." He says, taking his backpack.

He starts walking towards me keeping eye contact with me then walks past me and opens the door.

His cologne fills my nose.

"Thank you again." I say.

"No problem Kiara hope you have an amazing time here."

___________