Chapter 42

After all the commotion on the field, I went to the locker room with Scott and Isaac, where Mr. Stilinski met us to give us a basic rundown of what was happening in response to Stiles going missing.

"I've got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means..." he sighs defeatedly, "The hell, I don't know what that means. Um, look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if any of you see him—"

Isaac gently nods, "We'll call you."

Now that I think about it, Isaac probably isn't used to seeing a father act so concerned about his son.

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something." Scott says.

Stiles? Not likely.

"I promise you." I finally speak, "We're gonna find Stiles. If he comes home—"

"Yeah, I'll let you know..." Stilinski finishes for me, "I'll see you, ok?" then walks off sadly. The moment he's out of sight, I can't hold my tears in anymore and I start crying.

I feel a set of arms bring me into a hug, and I glance up to see Isaac looking down at me in sympathy, allowing me to weep into his chest. He strokes my back in a way that Scott has done many times. Nothing romantic, but just enough contact for him to silently remind me that I wasn't alone.

Someone comes up behind me, and gives me a light pat on my shoulder, before talking to Scott.

It's Coach.

I don't pay too much attention to what he's saying, all I can pick out is something about Scott's grades and staying on the team. Then of course there's something along the lines of hating Greenberg. Soon enough, he places his hand on my shoulder again, causing me to turn around and look at him with bloodshot eyes.

"Hey, look, I know you're worried about Stilinksi, ok? But you and I both know, he's too stubborn to not turn up... especially when he knows you're here waiting for him. They're going to find him."

And that ladies and gentlemen... was the sweetest thing I've ever heard Coach say.

"I know..." I sniff, giving him a small smile, "I know they will."

He sends me one last reassuring nod, then leaves the locker room.

After Coach is gone, Scott does a quick check of our surroundings, to make sure nobody else was here.

"Is that everyone?" he wonders aloud.

"I think so..." Isaac releases me, allowing me to wipe the tears from my cheeks as I look around myself.

Suddenly, I jerk back at the sound of bending and breaking metal, to see that Scott is ripping Stiles' locker door off and tossing it to the ground.

Isaac turns to see Stiles' locker door laying at his feet.

"Was that necessary?" I hiss, "I know his combination, you dumbass."

Scott sheepishly responds, "Sorry."

I immediately start digging through the locker, trying to find things that would have the strongest scent.

"You're gonna find him by scent?" Isaac asks Scott.

Before he can answer, I turn back to them with a bunch of items and say, "Yep. We all are."

"Wait..." his eyes shoot to me, "You can—"

I interrupt him, not even sparing him a glance as I look through the stuff in my hands, "Yes. But we don't have time to explain that right now... we have to find Stiles before I go insane and burn this place to the ground." I hand Scott a shirt, and Isaac a shoe.