Chapter 5

I make my way down the stairs, and my mom is standing in the kitchen, "Momma... do I look ok?"

She turns to me, "Sweetheart, you look beautiful!"

Before I can respond, there is a knock on the door, signaling Stiles had arrived.

"Well, he's here."

"Do I need to have a talk with you?"

"Mom. I'm not even taking the car."

"Not that talk."

"Oh my God, it's Stiles, and we're just friends."

"Mhm ok." She nods skeptically and opens the door, "Ah Stiles. I need to talk to you."

"Uhhh... yes ma'am?" He nervously steps into our house with his hands in his pockets.

"It's about this big red mark on my daughter's fa-"

"Momma! I told you it was an accident." I defend the boy, moving into his line of sight.

When I see him, I smile immediately, but when he sees me, his jaw drops, and his eyes widen, "Oh- hey uh- Lizzy. You- ahem- you look fantastic."

A blush appears on my cheeks, "Why thank you Stiles. You look nice too."

"Uh. Did you two plan this?" my mom asks.

"Plan what?"

"The matching colors?"

It was true, Stiles had worn a dark rose pinkish dress shirt and a tie. Which surprisingly went with my outfit.

"Nope. That was completely coincidental..." I pause, looking back to Stiles who still hasn't taken his eyes off of me, "Well, we better go, I mean I don't wanna be late for the party."

"Aye Stilinski. Eyes on the road, not my daughter please?"

I laugh nervously. I've never had him look at me for this long... maybe I'm overdressed?

He quickly nods, averts his eyes, and leads me to the jeep, opening the car door for me before getting into the driver's seat and starting the engine.

"Am I overdressed or something?" I ask him.

"NO!"

I jump.

"I mean no, you look—you look perfect."

"Perfect? That's a little strong don't you think?"

"Nope. It's perfectly perfect."

Ok then... I can feel the blush spreading over my cheeks again. At this point, red might as well just be my new skin tone.

"I see your mom helped you cover the mark from my lacrosse stick, which I'm still feel bad for, by the way."

"Yeah, she did, and I promise it's fine, it was an accident!"

"Well, I will forever feel bad."

"Oh, please don't." there is a pause, "Soooo..."

"So..."

"What are we going to do with Scott if he wolfs out?"

"I was thinking we say, 'I told ya so' because, well... we did."

"I mean other than that."

"Um... I haven't thought about it."

"Well, that's nothing out of the ordinary."

"How about we deal with it as we see it?" He glances over to me, "You know, so we can have fun at the party too."

"Stiles. This is to make sure Scott is ok."