Chapter 19

Welcome back to a day in the life of Elizabeth McCall, in today's episode, witness a high-speed car chase...

A car chase in which the least qualified person on Earth is the one driving the car.

Stiles, Scott and I are in Derek's black Camaro, being chased by Allison's crazy aunt Kate in her green kia soul.

Oh, right, spoiler alert!

Derek isn't dead.

He actually found Scott the other night and de-wolfed him, but that's a story for a different time.

I'm in the back seat, holding on for dear life, while Stiles is in the front passenger seat, and Scott?

Scott is the one driving the car, "Faster?"

Stiles nervously looks out the rear windshield then back at him, "Much faster."

Scott shifts gears and speeds up, but it's insignificant with how fast Kate is gaining on us.

I lean forward until I'm in between the boys, "Scott, I don't mean to be a backseat driver, but I don't think you're really grasping the concept of a car chase here... do I need to drive?"

I know it's not the time for jokes, but we're in a life-or-death situation, I can't help it if that's when the sarcasm decides to come out.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us." Scott anxiously responds, not taking his eyes off of the road.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're going to kill us!" Stiles exasperatedly points out.

"And personally, I'd rather die in a car accident than at the hands of a crazy werewolf hunter bitch." I add, making Scott speed up once again.

The sounds of tires screeching redirects my attention away from the front, and puts it behind us, where Kate's car just veered off of the road.

Stiles looks through the back windshield and sees it too, "They're gone."

"Are they saying anything on the radios?" I ask, motioning to the police walkie talkie radio device thing in Stiles' lap.

He turns it on with a beep and immediately a dispatcher comes through the speaker, "All units, suspect is on foot, heading into the iron works."

The spastic teen's mouth drops open as he stares between the two of us, leaning forward slightly.

Imitating Kate, Scott quickly veers off the road and drives to the iron works, where Derek was said to be.

When we find him, he's getting shot at by Argent, so we're gonna have to make the getaway a quick one. We pull up next to Derek, and Stiles flings the door open, "Get in." Then climbs into the back next to me, all while Derek is getting in, and bullets are hitting the sides of the car.

Once the door is closed, Scott speeds away, making sure to keep his head out of view of the hunters, "What part of 'laying low' don't you understand?!"

Derek irritably slams his hand onto the dashboard, "Damn it, I had him!"

"Who? The Alpha?" Stiles asks excitedly, leaning up in between the two front seats, identically to how I was earlier.

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up."

"Woah! Hey, they're just doing their jobs" I shoot up next to Stiles to protect the police from Derek's ridicule.

Derek glares us, causing Stiles to shrink into Scott's seat and push me further into the back seat, away from the stone-faced man who is now looking at Scott, "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!"