Chapter 17

We're finally freed from of the school, however, that does NOT mean we are free from the relentless police-post-questioning about what happened. I understand it's their job, and I'm not mad, I'm just tired, and everything seems to be pissing me off right now.

Sheriff Stilinski is with our 'lil Golden Trio of Stupidity, while the others are somewhere else, I don't really have the energy to find out where.

"You sure it was Derek Hale?" the Sheriff skeptically asks.

"Yes." My brother confirms.

"I saw him too." Stiles backs him up, which leaves Stilinski to turn to me.

"What about you Elizabeth?"

Is he seriously gonna ask me? I'm half asleep. Now really... how reliable of a source would that make me?

"Mmhmm..." I hum, trying to keep my eyes open... good thing I'm actually tired, because I hate looking at Papa Stilinski's face and lying. It makes me feel like the worst person alive. I yawn and lean my head on the nearest surface, which just so happens to be Stiles' shoulder, but at this point, I don't care.

It's been a long day if you haven't noticed.

"What about the janitor?" Scott asks.

"We're still looking."

"Did you check under the bleachers? Under them?"

"Yeah, Scott, we looked. We pulled them out, just like you asked. There's nothing." Stilinski sighs, and they continue talking. But since I'm teetering between almost falling asleep standing straight up and keeping myself awake so I don't fall over, I'm not really paying attention. I'm only brought out of my state when Stiles awkwardly wraps his arms around me and leans against the stair railing.

Though I want nothing more than to doze off right here and now, I know that if I did, it wouldn't be for long. What happened tonight is surely going to give me nightmares. But, at this moment, wrapped in Stiles' arms, I feel like nothing could ever hurt me.

The Sherriff walks off to do something else, so now it's just me, Stiles, and Scott.

"Well, we survived dude. You know? We outlasted the alpha. It's still good, right? Being alive?" Stiles lightly smacks Scott's arm to try and lighten his mood.

Even without supernatural abilities, and not to mention with my eyes closed, I can still tell Scott's on edge, so I lend my spastic best friend a hand, "Yeah, I mean that's definitely got to count for something? As much as I complain about wanting to die... I for one am glad to be alive."

"When we were in that chemistry room, he walked right by us. You don't think that it heard us? You don't think it knew exactly where we were?" Scott snaps at us.

"Well, then how come we're still alive?" Stiles frowns.

"It wants me in it's pack. But, I think, first... I have to get rid of my old pack."

"Hold up, 'old pack' what is that supposed to mean?" His words now have me fully alert, wanting to know why the hell we ARE still alive.

"Allison... Jackson... Lydia... you two."

"The alpha doesn't want to kill us." The grip that Stiles has on me tightens when Scott finishes his sentence for him,

"It wants me to do it."

Dear God, can this night get any worse?

"And that's not even the worst part." He continues.

I guess it can. When will I learn to stop asking?