Chapter Twenty-Nine

A soft click of a door latching rouses me from my deep sleep. Streams of light filter through my curtains, surprising me. Rarely did I rouse after the sun started rising. Brandon's soft snores came from behind me; his thick arm was wrapped around my waist. My eyes flick to my bedroom door as I hear footsteps approaching; the person hums under their breath. They're not quiet, but they're not loud either.

I look at my bedside table, knowing a few weapons are available in the bottom drawer, though I don't have the same trepidation that comes with a threat. So, I wait. The footsteps halt in front of my door, and the handle turns.

"Trouble," my favorite stylist sings. "I have your clothes for today's date!"

I smile warmly at Gabriel. Brandon stirs but doesn't wake. I silently nod for Gabriel to join us, and he accepts without another word. Setting down a duffle bag I assume has my outfit, he climbs in on my other side.

"Hey, Meanie," I say quietly.

He tucks a stray hair behind my ear, "Mornin' Trouble. I'm surprised to see you still in bed."

I giggle, "Me too. I didn't wake up until you came into the apartment."

Gabriel hums, "Someone tired you out, huh?" His eyebrows wiggle suggestively.

Despite my openness about my sex life, a blush blooms on my cheeks. He chuckles, "It's nice to see that you could sleep 'til daylight, Trouble."

Brandon's arm tightens around my waist, burying his face between my shoulder blades. Gabriel and I paused, waiting to see if he was awake before looking back at each other with knowing grins.

"What time is it," I ask. "Do I need to get ready soon?"

He kisses my forehead, "It's only seven now. I think Axel wants to take you to lunch first, so he'll pick you up at eleven-thirty."

"Thank you for the clothes too. I appreciate how you've helped the others coordinate their dates. They'd be clueless without you, Meanie."

His ears tinge red, but he doesn't let on to his embarrassment. "They wouldn't know what to do with themselves without me. They'd ruin their own surprises if left to their own devices."

I giggle, and he smiles broadly, showcasing his pearly whites.

"Oh, when would you want to do the costume fitting? I should be free tomorrow if you'd like?" I offer.

"Yeah, that would be great. I'm picking up some fabrics today for the others."

I tilt my head back to peak at Brandon; his face is relaxed, and a small smile sits on the corner of his lips. I look back to Gabriel, "I'll probably get up to make breakfast before I have to get up. Do you want to join us?"

"As lovely as that sounds, I should let Brandon get a couple more hours with you before he has to head out."

Gabriel leans forward, catching my lips with his. It's soft and sensual as his tongue embraces mine. I feel tingles shoot up my spine, and my toes curl when I brush his tongue ring. He chuckles airily as if aware of his influence and presses his lips harder against mine.

The sheets rustle behind me, and my back meets cold air. "Damn, what a sight to wake up to," Brandon says, his voice rough with sleep.

Gabriel and I pulled away, breathing heavily. We look at each other with amused grins, and he pecks me again before rolling off the bed and standing at the side. He nods his head hello to Brandon. "Your outfit is in the duffle bag with everything you need. Let me know if anything is missing or if you need help preparing later. I'll leave you both to it."