Chapter Twenty-Six

Owen clears his throat, "Let's get started then." He pointedly looks towards Kota.

The power in the room shifts to Kota, and I stare in slight awe at the respect he holds as Team Lead. "Everything is good on my side. Jessica is coming home at the end of next week to visit and celebrate Halloween, so I will visit her and Mom during the weekend. My mom, Erica, is hosting a dinner on that Friday and extends the invite to all of you," his gaze lands on mine, "as well as you, sweetheart."

My heart pounds, and I feel myself flush, "I'd love to come over, Kota."

His formal smile pulls into a genuine beam before he turns his focus back to the meeting, "I have academy work tomorrow, but I am flexible otherwise." He glances at Marc.

Marc perks up, "Nothing new over here; still working on some renovations at one of my downtown locations; it's going as scheduled. No current planned Academy work."

"Sean," Kota prompts.

"I have a two-week vacation, thanks to Dr. Roberts, and for all further shifts, he's going to reduce my workload. So, I will be home more often. No Academy work.

"Corey?"

"Sang will be teaching Victor and me some of her skills, so expect a security update soon. Otherwise, I still have the same as usual regarding Academy work, but I would also appreciate a decrease in the workload if we can afford it."

Kota nods his head, "I'll look into reducing requests. Anything else?"

"Nope!"

"Victor?"

"I have an upcoming show next Thursday, so I'll need some people with me."

"North, Silas, Gabriel, and Luke are available all-day Thursday," Kota recites.

"And me," I pipe up.

Victor shoots me a smile, but Kota frowns, "You have a shift on Thursday."

"I'll give the update when it's my turn, but I am available Thursday."

"Gabriel, North, and Sang, would you mind joining me," Victor asks.

"I'll be there!"

"You already know it," Gabriel chastises.

North stays quiet but nods his approval.

"Excellent! I'm looking forward to my training with Sang, and that's all I have for updates," Victor concludes, relaxing in his seat.

"North," Kota prompts.

"Nothing new. Uncle wants me and Luke to visit soon, so we'll probably visit this weekend."

Kota nods as if mentally notating it. "Silas?"

"Same as always, Dad asked me to cover a couple of upcoming shifts, so I picked those up. Plus, a couple of Academy trips on Monday."

"Brandon?"

(A/N: I can't remember what day of the week it is, so for our sake, I am declaring this meeting on a Wednesday, and Halloween is the following weekend.)

"I have Academy work Friday to Sunday, so I will be MIA for those days. Some parts are being delivered on Friday, but North will sign for them. No other updates."

"Nathan?"

"Raven and I are planning to extend our women's self-defense courses with levels of advancement for those who want to learn more than the basics. We've already received plenty of interest, and we have some qualified staff to teach the more advanced courses. I have Academy work tomorrow afternoon, but I'll be home in the evening."