Chapter Five

I have no need for an alarm. My nightmares are consistent at making sure I wake up, usually in a cold sweat. And today is no different. It's four in the morning! I have a shift at the hospital today and the charity event with Ms. Rose. I sit up abruptly. I don't have a dress! Oh, fuck me. I slam by body back on the bed, my palms pressed into my face as I groan. I kick my legs around in frustration. There is no way I can get fitted for a dress after my shift at the hospital. I will barely have enough time to get changed and ready. I just may be able to get one before my shift, but no promise that I'll find one that fits.

I grab my phone and call Dr. Roberts, dismissing the time. He answers on the second ring, "Little Bird, is everything okay?"

"Phil! It's a fashion emergency!" I can hear him sigh, unsure if it is in relief or at my antics at four in the morning. "How am I supposed to attend a fancy charity event if I don't have the proper attire?"

"I have someone who can help, but I need to see if he can do it. Will you be ready by six?"

"Of course, send them to the apartment. I'll drive if we need to go somewhere."

"Alright Dear, I'll see you at your shift later."

"Thank you! Love you!"

"Love you too, Dear."

The stress leaves my body, and I make moves to get ready. An hour later and I'm clean and dressed. I eat breakfast before prepping a go-bag. Not only do I need to do my makeup later, but there is no way in hell that I will want to stay in my dress and heels after the event. At promptly six there is a random succession on my door. Peeking through the hole, I see another handsome face, surprise, surprise, holding multiple gown bags.

Swinging open the door, I confirm his Academy status so I can shuffle him inside.

"Oi! You're so lucky that I was fucking available today! It's my day of—holy shit is that your natural hair color?"

"Um...yes. It's just blonde," I shoot a confused face before looking at him apologetically. "I'm sorry for the last-minute call. I only learned a couple days ago that I would be attending, and it slipped my mind that I would need a dress."

While giving him my genuine apology, I'm stunned by his beauty. He's tall like Luke. His hair is longer too, giving an alternative look with two blonde streaks framing his face. It contrasts his russet hair nicely and highlights his crystal blue eyes. He has a warm tan; one that doesn't dissipate in the winter. His left ear holds three black hoop piercings on the crest, while both of his lobes hold vibrant orange crystals. Tattoos litter his arms, they seem independent from another, but I have a feeling each one was intentionally planned and placed. I'm even more confident that they aren't only on his arms, but I can't simply strip him in my living room. Not without his consent at least.

He places the dressing gowns on my couch, striding towards me. I have to force myself to hold still at his advancements. When he's near, he reaches for my hair, inspecting it critically. "Just blonde! This is more than blonde. There are so many shades in it, blonde, red, brown. You're like a fucking chameleon. That's what it is! Chameleon." Is that a fucking tongue ring? I internally groan, ignoring his rambling about my hair. The last time I met with someone with a tongue ring was near me, she sent me to heaven and back to hell. Have you ever felt a vibrating tongue ring? It's insane.

Seeming unaware of my inner turmoil, Gabriel, which I learned when he entered, turned back towards the gowns. "Please, tell me I get to do your hair. You can't ruin your gown with flat hair, I refuse to allow my work to be ruined."