We Rise

Stand
The fuck
Down

Nathaniel's grin was devoid of any warmth, and the whimpering girl on the ground made him roll his eyes

Nathaniel's grin was devoid of any warmth, and the whimpering girl on the ground made him roll his eyes. He rolled his shoulders with a sigh as the cracking sound of his bones snapping back together echoed through the air, then he turned around, disregarding her presence.

There were bigger fish in the sea to worry about.

"Lilith, sweetheart, we must stop meeting like this. I still haven't had a pleasant chat with my future in-law" he spoke with a smirk, watching her discreetly with his dark eyes as he wiped the blood away with a tissue.

"The sight of a Shadowhunter torturing one of its own is quite remarkable, dearie" The Queen of Hell acknowledged with a hum, her red painted lips twitching into a devilish smirk.

"I like to think that my twin and I are two peas in a pod, so no, she's not one of mine" Nate corrected, raising his eyes from his hands to assess the woman better while tilting his head.

She was slim, her body not made for close combat like Morgana's, who had a body that could very well have been sculpted by the gods. But maybe it was an illusion - she was a demon, after all, although he doubted it.

Someone in her hierarchy would rarely need to engage in the dirty work. It was way more amusing to someone like her to send her little paws to deal with it, wasn't it?

A twinkle of mischief flashed in his eyes, and his lips sharpened as hers did. An army of the cruelest demons of Hell suddenly rose from the underworld, ripping the ground apart, trying to break free by her command.

"As much as I enjoy this conversation, Nathaniel, you have something that I desire" their growls were terrifying to the unaccustomed ears, and the putrid smell of rotting flesh burned as they took slow steps, as if relearning how to do it, their paths forever engraving the soil with hellfire.

"Oh, this?" Lilith couldn't help but watch in curiosity, taking a step towards the shadows as Nathaniel raised the Mortal Cup, the scene unfolding before her eyes "Let's try something... Stand. The fuck. Down"

And it was quite the sight when the demons followed its command, the puppets turning on its own puppeteer, Nathaniel was their master now.

With a simple tilt of his head, the demons turned to face the demon Queen, but she was far too amused by the demonstration of power and way too little afraid.

A rumble of laughter escaped her lips, a thundering sound following afterwards, her silver eyes darkened with malice and she redirected her gaze back to the shadowhunter.