Stupid gets you killed... if I don't kill you first

Nathaniel leaned against the wall, twirling one of his daggers in the air and catching it back each time without even looking at it, his mind calculating every possible little thing that could go wrong on their mission.

By now, he already had formed a list of over 50 possible problems, every single one consisting of them getting held back by the two defenseless and, quite honestly, useless best friends that insisted on ordering them around.

His patience was wearing thin

His twin stood on the same room, where his eyes could watch her drawing patterns on the weapons that stood on the stand, although they both knew that none of them would be taking any of those.

"No, Izzy" Jace scolded, lightly slapping her hand away from the weapons, making the older twin glare at him.

"What is happening today? Is it Order a Lightwood around day or some shit?" Nathaniel questioned as he approached them, his eyes narrowed, looking down at the shorter male.

"Because I'm growing quite frustrated with this bullshit and we both know how I get when I'm mad, so please, refrain yourself from touching my twin, or I won't have a problem with cutting your fingers off, alright?" Nate continued with a smile, but there was a dangerous glint in his eyes that made Jace step back, frowning at the middle sibling.

"I was only looking after her" Jace replied on annoyance, receiving an eye roll from Nathaniel while Izzy hugged her twin's side, trying to calm him down.

"Right, because we weren't trained our entire lives to use weapons" Nate snapped back with heavy sarcasm "I've told you once, this is the second and be certain that there won't be a third, start acting like the leader to impress chucky over there and I'll put you in your place, got it?"

The thick tension growing between the males was cut only when Alec entered the room, catching the attention of everyone as he walked towards the group.

"I spoke with the Clave, they're sending the Seelie huntress to search for Valentine, but they made it clear, the little girl doesn't leave the premises"

The older Lightwood explained, making the other two freeze.

The Seelie huntress

"Hey, my name is not 'little girl', okay? I don't care what that Clave thing or you want, I'm going to find Dot!" Clary snapped in irritation

"Alec, this warlock could have the answers we need. With Valentine's people out there searching for Clary, she's not safe outside alone" Jace argued, keeping his voice low, not wanting to anger the middle Lightwood even more.

"Jace has a point" Izzy suddenly said from behind, making everyone, but Nate, turn to look at her.

"Et tu, Izzy?" Alec questioned while masking the hurt on his voice, his eyes looking at his silent brother from the corner of his eyes, who stood glaring at the ground, not seeming into the conversation.

"Alright, since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we search?"

"We should start at Dot's apartment-" stupid, as if she would stay home with the circle hunting her down "at Greenpoint and there's this..."

Nate stopped himself from voicing out his thoughts, looking down at his phone as he tried to see if there was any message of her, only to see none, making anguish form in his chest and spread like a disease as worry started to weight down his body.

It was typical of the Clave, sending downworlders to clean up their mess in order to keep the treaty on, he didn't doubt that they had threatened Queen Amara to send her people after Valentine in order to be in peace with the Clave.

It was a low movement, no one wanted to start a war with the Clave at this moment, so they would follow through with their orders to avoid even more conflict, even if they knew those Shadowhunters that promised an alliance wouldn't think twice before killing them.

It just showed how inferior the Clave truly was.

And with Morgana being the best huntress of the Seelies with her wolves, the possibility of her getting back alive was existent, while if they sent any of the others, there would be none.

The little queen had to gamble with her only family, sending the one that had been her big sister for as long as she knew to her possible death in order to keep her people alive.

She was a strong queen, indeed, but Nate didn't know if she would be left with a heart if anything were to happen to Morgana... because he knew that his own would stop beating the moment hers did.

"Wait... am I gonna die?"

A hand on his shoulder and that was the first thing he heard after his overwhelming thoughts, immediately making him groan as he followed after Izzy.

Streets after streets following the orange haired girl, she suddenly screeched and started screaming 'Dot! Dot!' Over and over again as she run towards a place no one seemed to know.

"By the angel, with her screaming that way, we could always stay here and wait for Valentine to show up" Nate hissed while closing his eyes shut.

"Clary! Clary, stop! Where are you going?" Jace shouted as he run after her.

"Great, the banshee scream is a contagious disease now, even shadowhunters seem to grow stupid and start screaming"

Izzy giggled at her twin's words while Alec snorted, jogging after the duo while keeping an eye on the human that was with them.

"Two men, circle members... the same ones who came to my house, who took my mom, they have Dot" Clary explained after she finally stopped running.

"Jeez, she only had to fight two of them and didn't kill anyone? I'm disappointed, wasn't she supposed to be a strong one?" Nathaniel asked Alec as they stood a little farther from the others, who were too busy trying to console the girl.

"It was expected, I mean, look at the little girl" Alec said with a nod, making them look at each other with mischievous smiles.

"They're gonna hurt her or kill her! We have to stop them!"

And their marathon started once again, making the Lightwood siblings groan as Nate helped his twin run with her heels, even if she didn't need it.

"She was just trying to help me, now she's gone"

"What were you trying to achieve with this?" Nate asked, finally fed up with the situation, walking straight towards the fake ginger as she opened and closed her mouth, trying to find her words.

"That warm reunion from movies? A hug? Aww poor girl, just wanted a hug from her I don't even know who she was" Nate taunted with no sympathy.

"Let em tell you something, sweetheart, this is the best outcome we could have, based on every single stupid decision you've made since we left the institute, you've only put everyone in danger, so what? One is dead? You better be thankful that there's still 6 of us standing, or I'd kill you myself"

Waterfall on her eyes didn't stop his words, neither did it make him feel any remorse "Mark my words, Fairchild, if anyone important to me die because of you, Valentine will be the least of your worries" rolling his eyes one last time before he turned on his heel and started to walk out.

"Let's go, our location is compromised"