The First Attack

"I looked on the disorder of my mind as sacred. Disaster was my God"

"You have that face" Nathaniel murmured softly as he opened his eyes to stare at his silent fiancée

A deep frown marred her features, her silver eyes darkened, lips slightly parted as she bit on her thumb.

"I'm thinking" Mora grumbled "Why would Valentine send two forsakens to the Institute"

"For the Mortal Cup" Nate answered simply, laying his head on his hand as his free hand went to her brunette hair, pulling a strand behind her ear.

"But why two? He knew that two couldn't enter an Institute full of Shadowhunters and leave with the cup"

"Do you think he was testing their strength? Our strength?" Nate questioned in concern as he sat up, a contemplative look on Mora's face as she thought it over before shooting to her feet.

"Shit, he was testing the protective wards" that was all it took for Nate to run after her as Mora tried to get to the Queen.

As they run through the Kingdom, the Seelies stood on guard, seeing the alarmed look on Morgana's face "Meliorn!"

The fae quickly approached her, being one of the few she had hand picked to train "What is the situation, Huntress?"

"Valentine might attack, gather the warriors to check the borders. AMARA!" The Seelies quickly gathered around as the queen left the palace with Izzy, confusion stamped on her face as she looked around, trying to find her sister, only for her face to pale as hundreds of forsakens with seelie blood broke through their wards.

And there was chaos.

"Take the children to the woods, they will protect them" Amara ordered as she recomposed herself, her eyes traveling to her sister, watching the the change in her eyes, the sharp dark talons forming from her knuckles and the shadows that started to form around her body, that everyone knew didn't come from the Seelies "stay away from the barrier, no one leaves until I die"

The Huntress was seething, the hatred purring out of her in waves of massive destruction as the army of forsakens doubled the amount of Seelies they had.

A pitch black scythe started to form between her fingers, dark magic flowing from it as she stared down at the army.

"And no matter what happens... do not engage. This is an order from your Queen"

The twins looked shocked at the Queen as she walked towards Morgana, the Seelies looked at Amara in worry, but run as well into the woods, placing their hands into the ground as the trees grew wider, stronger, protecting them from the battle that would come.

"Nathaniel, Isabelle, I know I'm not your queen, but I'd like you to respect the rules of this Kingdom while you're here" Amar told them as she walked past the twins, her eyes laying of a few forsakens on her right as she flicked her hand on their direction.

The twins were frozen as vines started to erupt from inside the bodies of the creatures, the thorns bigger than daggers, cutting through their organs until the plants were covering them whole.

On their left, the wolves were trashing and sending the Forsakens like rag dolls between each other, whoever entered their circle wouldn't leave with a limb still uncrushed.

On the middle... a mass of destruction and death.

Morgana looked like the Death bringer with her scythe on hand as she swung it with no emotions showing on her face.

The scythes would cut through their bodies, but not kill them immediately, their screams would follow much later, when they would get near the barrier of trees that protected the Seelies.

Darkness spreading like poison upon their bodies, turning their skin as pale as the dead, lips sickly blue, bloodshot eyes and screams coming from the invisible talons that certainly came from Mora as she stood yards away from them, cutting through the air.

The deep cut went through their skin and bones, only stopping when she commanded.

Black burnt skin spreading fast, until they were left burning and burning, their rotten flesh laying on the ground and polluting the usual smell of jasmine that flowed around the reign.

It was clear to them why Amara had insisted on no one interfering.

They weren't sure Mora wouldn't kill them if they got in the way.

Her eyes became war the moment she saw the army, destruction was the only thing on her mind at the moment and they weren't sure she would even known them if they stopped just in front of her face.

The pack and Amara knew this as well, standing as far as possible, taking care of the corners, evading whenever the darkness got too close to them.

Her fingers worked expertly around the scythe as her talons continued to draw patterns in the air, it was alluring, the dark magic couldn't be seen but it could be felt.

They felt it in their blood, their bones, it sang to everything they were.

Suddenly they were darkness and they wished to be involved by that comfortable tune.

The Shadowhunters didn't know if sirens were something real or not, but in that moment they believed they were, because without a single thought, their muscles moved on their own and they felt compelled to fight with her.

The shouts from Amara and Meliorn were barely a whisper, their existences long forgotten inside their minds as they joined Morgana on her path to destruction.

Perhaps the Shadowhunters were right to fear them, to fear their linked minds, for the corrupted evil that came within them.

They didn't know if they were cursed by the Devil like the superstitions told, but they would bow and make Hell their home if Mora became the new Queen just by that little display of power.