The Knights

"I respect the moon's unwillingness to be photographed on a phone"

Silver eyes stared through the large doors of the castle as the heavy rain continued to fall

Her face was calm and inexpressive as usual, leaning against a pilar as she sat on the dirty ground without caring if her clothes would get dirt.

Her nose sniffed the air for a second and her eyes darkened with black veins, it seemed as if there was a lightning storm happening on her irises as a dark mist started to form around the castle.

Her wolves could see the change in the air, leaving the comfort of their leader's chamber to get close to her location.

Their low growls were an alert for any harm that was about to come as they formed a protective circle around their alpha. She had not made a move to stand from her position on the ground.

The only features that showed her anger were her eyes

The twins and the little queen soon left the building, a little confused about what was happening, they had returned from the city a few hours back and Amara had made them tell every little thing that had happened - pouting a bit when she noticed that Mora had stolen all the action, she left it to her imagination to see what would happen if Jace interfered...

"Why are they like this?" Izzy questioned as she kneeled down in front of one wolf, putting her hands beside his large head as she started to stroke his fur, trying to see if she could calm down the fury that seem to be growing on them.

The twins waited for an answer and turned to Morgana in concern when they didn't get one, her eyes were staring far away, as if she could see something that they couldn't.

Amara saw her big sister's behavior and couldn't help but fidget, hiding her shaky hands behind her back so they wouldn't see her fear as she waited for the inevitable.

"Darling?" Nate questioned softly, kneeling down beside her as he tried to gain her attention while one hand travelled to where his dagger was hidden.

"They are here"

It was her only answer, not above a whisper that was carried away with the wind, making the seelie court hide into the woods, protected by her dark mist, as the demonic soldiers broke through the barrier.

They were different from the ones the shadowhunters were used to fight, they could feel it in their skin, in their blood, like acid boiling underneath as they started to sweat under the pressure of their immense power.