The First Kill

"She must be a descendent of wolves; because her skin smell as though it is pure moonlight"

Cold

Cold

Cold

The scrawny child trembled, lips purple-ish blue, eyes shut closed and a small shade of darkness wrapping around her thin bones like a blanket, although it did little to lessen the icy-cold breeze that seemed to entangle itself around her.

The forest had turned from a rich green to majestic white on the past few hours and she could do nothing besides wrap her own arms around herself.

The shadows seemed to flicker around her and the child opened her eyes widely, mouth gaping open as tears formed around her silver irises as she tried to reach a hand out for the shadows.

"Don't leave... please"

"Don't leave me too"

Her whispers held so much pain, her head slightly bowing down as she took another deep breath, exhaling softly as the white fog formed around her mouth and the snow covered her hair and lashes, burying her alive.

The shadows struggled to physically form around her, but became a thin material of onyx color, making her aching muscles relax the slightest. It didn't stop the cold from reaching her, but it did lessen the pain.

"Thank you..."

The child whispered, not quite knowing if she should say anything, but knowing that in that moment the shadows were the only thing keeping her alive.

As if they could understand, Morgana felt a warm brush of shadows against her cheek and giggled to herself, placing her hand over the place and wondering if that was what a kiss felt like.

The little girl suddenly heard a snap of branches crunching and her eyes went wide in alert, looking around as if to try and find out what had caused the disturbance when she felt her legs moving by themselves, without her command, like a puppet.

And the shadows were her puppeteer.

A snarl passed through her lips when she saw the fire attacking the place she had once been, her silver eyes acquired a pattern that looked similar to a strike of black lighting and her eyes immediately met the ones of her attacker.

Another Seelie.

The woman looked terrified just to be this near her, but she didn't let her guard down, moving her shaking fingers to quickly perform another spell as Mora felt her ears prickle and she could suddenly hear the shadows talking to her.