The descent into hell is easy

"There must be another way!"

Nathaniel sighed heavily, passing a hand over his face as he heard Clary complaining once again.

"There is" Jace wanted to piss him off, there was just no other explanation on why the blonde would keep this up.

"Absolutely not"

"Don't even-"

His siblings replied at the same time as Nate kept his mouth shut, glaring at his adopted brother as multiple thoughts on how to kill him appeared on his mind, making him smile.

A sardonic smile.

"I'm not afraid of the Silent Brothers"

"Aren't you a cocky little shit?"

Jace's golden hues met Nathaniel's oak brown ones, a silent conversation happening between the siblings before Clarissa interrupted.

"What is it?"

"They are shadowhunters with superior powers"

While Jace didn't lie on his explanation, it made the Lightwood siblings scoff, knowing pretty well that he was withholding the best part.

"Who possess the ability to recover memories"

Izzy continued seriously, not at all interested on this plan anymore.

"A process that can also kill you"

Alec completed with each word bathed in annoyance, making Nathaniel snort as he finished.

"Which is the best thing that could actually happen to us, you know what? Let's do this!"

His twin placed a hand over her mouth in an attempt to hide her smirk, while Alec snorted, shaking his head at his younger brother's words before he turned towards the culprit of this conversation.

"We've broken at least 18 Clave rules and now you want to go to the City of Bones? There's no way, I won't allow it" Alec told his parabatai, who clenched his jaw in anger as he glared back at him.

"This isn't our choice to make, this is Clary's decision" Nate frowned at the lovesick look on Jace's face and turned towards his twin.

"Mora and I aren't stupid like them, right?" With the other three very deep in the conversation, they didn't hear his whispers, making Izzy grin at him as she hugged his side.

"Nope, you two are like... powerful yet cute couple vibes" Her words brought an identical grin to his own face.

They didn't even mind Simon, who was listening to the two conversations happening at the same time with wide eyes.

He was so lost

"If anyone can tell me another way to recover my memories and still get the answers we need, I'm listening" the twins looked up as Clary suddenly raised her voice, almost crying.