Dearly Detested

And if a thousand others love you, they will only love you a drop compared to my ocean of love for you.

Nathaniel observed the attack silently, his eyes narrowed in slits, multiple calculations forming on his mind as he thought over strategies, not only of how they should fight this matter, but also the possible outcome of each move

They had just gotten to the top of a building so they could watch over the situation from above, every piece and every move could be seen from where they stood, like a giant chessboard that held hostage the cup as its king.

So fragile and yet so powerful.

The king, or what they knew as the Mortal Cup, was being protected by a weak queen however - his lips tilted upwards as soon as he saw Clarissa observing the very suspicious card with a desperate face - and while he would be more than happy to simply knock her out and take the card, this was simply shy of useless as it was.

For the first time in perhaps her entire existence they actually had a need for the carrot top, her specific ability, which he hoped was the reason her mother had gifted her with the card, would let her play a better role...

But for now-

"Wolfy, our brother looks like shit, it could be the angle, but quite frankly-"

Izzy scoffed and continued his comment "Us Lightwood look good in every angle"

"So be a dear and go help him, alright? Play dead, roll over, do your thing, whatever it is" Nathaniel finished with a sarcastic smile, making Peter raise an eyebrow at him before simply shaking his head and wandering off to the beaten up Shadowhunter.

"Am I with you?" Izzy questioned as they grinned at the disdain painted on their brother's feature as he saw who was he backup, or rather what.

They stood there for a little longer, maybe a bit too long, but could anyone blame them? Alec's misfortune was just too entertaining for the twins... and he kinda deserved it.

"Aren't you always?" Nate replied, his lips twitching upwards as he looked back at his twin, who was already bouncing on her feet with excitement.

Her whip cackled as the electricity was activated and Nathaniel twirled his daggers in the air, expertly catching them back without as much as a second look - what can I say? They were always up for the dramatics.

Their movements were fluid like water, matched to perfection, as Izzy would use her whip to immobilize the enemies, Nathaniel would quickly use his daggers on vital points.