Grief

"Make it stop.
Make those voices stop.
Those thoughts, those tears...
Please make it stop."

The Seelie Court was silent

No one would utter a word as they watched the half breed breaking down in front of them.

The child that had never cried, not even when she was banished from the court by her father, was crying silently for the death of a wolf.

But everyone there knew that this wolf was her family just as much as Amara was.

The black tears continued falling from her silver irises as she held onto Amaruq as if he was still there, not wanting to let go.

They watched, hiding deep in the woods, too afraid of the shadows that were spiraling wildly around the huntress, as the twins and the queen slowly shared a concerned look, silent tears running down their faces as they watched the one who had always been strong cry.

Nathaniel could swear that his own heart was breaking with hers, the physical pain that was inflicting on his body was so much that he almost wasn't able to walk towards his lover.

But he did even when he felt as if he couldn't breath, knowing that the pain she was feeling was much worse than his.

She needed him.

"Darlin..." His voice was just a whisper, one hand slowly wrapping around her back while the other reached carefully for her face "Please look at me"

His coal eyes were soft, so soft, watching her every movement as she stared down at the furred being in her arms, her lips trembling as she cried silently.

Motionless

Dead

"Mo Anam Cara (My soulmate) " Nate tried again, the Irish words leaving his lips with little difficulty after being constantly repeated.

Her silver eyes finally met his dark ones, the black tears stopping as she stared at him with so much pain that he felt his own cheeks getting warmed by new tears.

"You are in pain" Mora mumbled quietly, lowering her gaze to the ground in shame as she felt the guilt overcoming her feelings "I'm sorry"

"No, no, no... don't apologize, it's not your fault, baby" Nate hushed her softly, wiping her cheeks with his thumbs as he started to caress her hair, pressing their foreheads together "I need you to stay strong one more time, okay? We have to take care of the others and kill my mother in law"