Author's Note - "Resolution"

August 26, 2023

Starting Part 3, I knew I wanted to say something in an Author's Note, but I didn't know what it was. Now, writing this Note in late August, in the midst of the one year anniversary of when I met Lea in person, I finally know what it is.

I am worthy, I have grown, and I can heal.

The last chapters that Lea and I published before our platonic split were Revolution Chapters 15 and 16. That significance is not lost on me- Lilith's gentle speech segment to David was as much meta and to myself as it was to the character David, because ever since I met Lea I always grew with him, and she always made it possible.

Under a week ago, I received every item I physically gave her, shipped to me from her, with a letter. As if by magic, my heartbreak and paranoia was gone. No more thinking she hated me. No more thinking our separation was entirely my fault. No more paranoia that I had somehow ruined her. In the end, her belief in me, her respect, her care and her love was all still there in so few words. It was like she blessed me with the good of us, giving me the part of her soul that I could carry with me forever.

I finally feel like I have closure.

If she believes in me, and she always will, then I know I can believe in myself. From the first day we met, she and only SHE got through to me in a way no one else on the planet ever has.

The timing of it all is perhaps the best part.

I won't go into details, but I'll just say this: me finally coming into my own, after losing her, at this point in Revolution is nothing short of poetic- cosmic- magical. It's exactly as Lilith said to David, as Lea wrote:

"everything that is meant to be will always,
always find a way."

From my growth to my writing, it may have all stemmed from me, but it was Lea who made it all possible.

I know my worth. I know who I am. I am the Incredible King.

And Lea, the Radiant, the Enchanting- I will never, ever forget you.

And I hope you, reader, continue to hopefully enjoy the rise of David and his confidence over this entire book of Revolution- I know it and my friendship with Lea will undoubtedly be one of the great highlights of my life.

-David

Revolution || Narnia Fanfiction || thecallofnarnia & NaturallyNarnianजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें