Chapter 28: An Unexpected Arrival

The courtyard was much more full than David had expected, for two reasons, both of which surprised him. One, it was full of gathered Nobles and Ladies from Narnia and beyond, gathered and huddled en masse, all fervently gazing upon Lilliandil.

Two, behind Lilliandil was a massive golden statue- of him.

"This Star Festival is also about me, sure, but it is about us, the Star Monarchs that rule the universe and watch over you as well, and have come down to Narnia to grace you all with our presence. My beloved husband David has set out on a journey of self-reflection, for he feels unworthy of the love of Narnia. Imagine- him, unworthy? If there is one soul who is most worthy, it is him."

Lilliandil shone Blue as she spread her arms out, floating slightly, now. "So bow before him. Your King, your High King, your Star King, your Knight, your Hero-"

Her eyes burst into beacons as her smile burst into brilliance. "Your God."

The crowd of gathered Nobles and Ladies, far more silent than David would've guessed, proceeded to bow before the magnificent golden statue. And it was him! Not just that, but it was just him. Not him slaying Dovah, or him piercing the Darkness construct of the Zero EMP in the Battle of Shatterlight.

Just him.

David couldn't help but smile and tear up at what presumably Lilliandil had done, and she had done much more than he knew in that moment.

As if his sudden flood of emotions gave a signal, Lilliandil suddenly sharply looked directly at David, like she found or discovered his presence solely from that emotional influx, and her smile became even more of a presence, beyond possibility.

"Hail him now, the Incredible, your God among you, my beloved dashing David has returned!" She yelled happily, teleporting across the courtyard to him in the blink of an eye, and she hugged him tightly as the ensemble quickly turned to bow directly to him. David nestled Lilliandil's head on his shoulder as ran a hand through her sandy blonde hair while she laughed for joy, as he stared out at the reverent masses before him and his heartbeat quickened.

"Welcome home, my perfect husband," the Star spoke into his chest with complete certainty and sincerity.

Eventually she broke the embrace and traced his crown, eagerly turning to her gathered mass.

"He is not just the Incredible, he is not just your King, he is your God!" Lilliandil loudly proclaimed to the gathering in the courtyard, smiling brightly. "Narnia, bow before your God! Hail his supreme glory as he has returned to grace us with his divine presence! Fall before him in worship and devotion! Let the lands themselves move at his command- for see, even the trees of Narnia itself have crowned him! Long live King David!"

"Long live King David! Long live King David! Long live King David!" the gathered declared.

Lilliandil laughed as she took her husband's hand and they began to float. "All hail God David!" She exclaimed in passionate joy, before she pulled him close and kissed him deeply.

"All hail God David!"

"Let all of Narnia and beyond hear you!"

"All hail God David!"

"Let every world hear you!!" Lilliandil declared to the skies.

"All hail God David!"

//////

"Next I should take you to see the Throne Room, my dear husband," Lilliandil spoke reverently to David, "I do believe I've-"

"Been hard at work, I see," Lilith cut the Star off, as her and Peter walked toward the pair. "As if we need more surprises right now, what with the Star Festival going on."