Chapter 19: Dagger Attack

Music, and a song: "You're Where You Belong / Give 'Em Hell" by Harold Faltermeyer

"David?"

The murky, out-of-focus inquiry barely registered in the Incredible's mind.

"David? You still with us?"

The drone of the beehive echoed as his fingers interlocked.

"David? He's not responding, he- Lilliandil, dear?"

A shot of stardust, a spark of hope, a short gasp and a quick focus.

"What's-" the panicked David quickly spoke. "I'm...here. What step are we on?"

"We're about ready for Lilliandil's recon, and Hetherfein has already found archer positions for him to fly you to after we strike," Lilith responded warmly, while David noticed Lilliandil's hand softly warming his arm. "Are you ready?"

David only took a breath- he must've had some sort of panic set in that was so deep he couldn't even keep hold or track of it. His first instinct was to reply "No," that he didn't think he'd remember the battle strategy, that even a strategy he'd helped create was fading from him, and that he doubted his effectiveness in the battle to come.

How could anyone be ready for this?

We are ready if you are, my King of the Stars, Lilliandil offered sweetly into his mind from his left, as the trio sailed with the Ettinsmoor Mountains visible in the distance.

Lilith knelt down in front of him and put a comforting hand to his knee. "We're both right here. We've got you, Sweet. We'll always have your back...my Incredible High King."

Another deep breath from David prompted an eventual, slow stand-up.

"For Narnia."

Lilith gave a gentle smile as both her and Lilliandil responded in kind, "For Narnia."

Lilliandil burst into her shimmering Blue Star form and quickly flew up, onward to recon the main Mountain that the Rebels had come to call their base.

David sniffed as he watched his second wife take to the skies- she looked stunning. She believed in him. They all did.

Lilith did.

Now, he should too.

"Remember, after we strike, Hetherfein and some others will pick us up and fly us to our positions- they'll be right behind us," Lilith reminded her husband- as the thought crossed her mind that it was still strange her husband was David and not Peter- before the Blue Star flickered from afar, twinkling as a signal.

Lilith looked to David and grabbed onto his hand. "I believe in you."

David nodded. "Let's give 'em hell."

With a nod, Lilith's eyes and hair burst into a glowing, writhing, flaming release of magic and energy, as the Radiant High Queen and the Incredible High King quickly took to the skies to fly alongside the Blue Star.

"There's something in the Mountain!" Lilliandil spoke. "It feels like Darkness."

"Must be the Rebels' secret weapon," David mused.

"We should strike now, collapse it while we can!" Lilliandil offered.

Lilith nodded in agreement, and the trio began gathering all their power to collapse the Mountain, with Lilith raising Vita, David raising Starsong, and Lilliandil raising a specially crafted Narnian spear. The special weapons began their build up of magical power to strike the Mountain, and hopefully launch the beginning of the end of the Rebels.