“Hello, is this Mandi,” the doctor asked.

“Yeah,” I answered in a shaky voice.

“Hey, I need your mom and you to come to my office right away if at all possible.”

“Why, what’s wrong,” I asked worriedly.

“We can talk about it when you get here. Just tell the nurse at the front desk to show you to my office.”

“Okay,” I said hanging up the phone. I went back into the kitchen where my mom was.

“Oh, what did Dr. Bradshaw say,” she asked me. 

“That’s her name,” I asked. “She said that she wants us to go to her office right away.”

“Okay then, let’s go,” she said getting more and more worried by the second. We got in the car and hurried to the clinic. When we got there the receptionist guided us to Dr. Bradshaw’s office.

“Good afternoon, Mandi and Mrs. Williams,” she greeted us as we walked into her office.

“Good afternoon,” my mom replied stiffly but politely.

“Come have a seat,” Dr. Bradshaw said pointing to a couple of chairs in front of her desk. “Can I interest you in a cup of water?”

“No thanks,” I said; I was starting to feel sick again.

“Now, let’s talk about what’s going on with Mandi. I’m going to ask her a few questions that are only meant for her,” Dr. Bradshaw said to my mom. “Mandi, where have you been for the past couple of months?”

“I was a counselor at a summer camp near Ephraim, Utah,” I answered.

“That’s a little bit aways from here,” she replied. “Anyway, is there any possible way that you could have gotten pregnant?”

“Maybe,” I said, “if dreams mean anything.”

“What do you mean,” Dr. Bradshaw asked me curiously.

“Well, ever since I’ve gotten home I’ve been having this really strange dream.”

“What’s the dream about?”

“It starts out that I’m running through the forest and out of nowhere I trip and fall. After that I pass out and this man attacks me and tears off my clothes, and then the dream ends.” 

“Do you remember anything that happened over the summer that could be associated with this dream?”

“Well, I guess one night my friend from camp, Savannah, found me lying in the forest without any of my clothes on,” I said awkwardly.

“Mandi, do you think that you could have been raped?”

“I don’t know,” I said about to break down in tears.

“Okay, let’s move onto what’s wrong and then we’ll go back to that subject.”

“So what is wrong,” I asked.

“If you don’t mind me asking, exactly how old are you,” Dr. Bradshaw asked.

“Fifteen,” I said.

“I’m really sorry to say this, but the reason why you’ve been feeling so sick is because you are in fact pregnant.” Nobody said anything for a while. I looked at my mom, she was staring at me with a sad expression on her face.

“I didn’t do anything mom,” I sobbed. 

“Then how did this happen,” she said hysterically.

“I don’t know,” I sobbed even harder.

“Mandi, do you have a boyfriend,” Dr. Bradshaw asked me.

“No, I’ve never had a boyfriend,” I answered. 

“Okay then, I think that your dreams are telling you something.”

“W-what do you mean,” my mom asked stuttering a little bit. 

“Mrs. Williams, this may be hard for you to hear but in all honesty I think that your daughter was raped.”

“What can we do about that,” my mom asked shaking her head.

“Nothing really since you don’t know what the man looks like,” Dr. Bradshaw said. “The best thing to do now would be to try to move on and take care of the baby.”

“What do you want to do, Mandi,” my mom asked me. 

“What do you mean?” I was in shock that I was only fifteen and going to have a baby. 

“Do you want to have an abortion, put the baby up for adoption, or keep it,” she asked. 

“Either adoption or I’m keeping it,” I mumbled. 

“Okay,” my mom said. 

“I’m sorry that I had to be the bearer of such bad news,” Dr. Bradshaw said. 

“No, your fine,” my mom said still in a daze from the news that she’d just received. Heck, I could barely talk. 

“Are you okay, Mandi,” Dr. Bradshaw asked me. “You look a little pale there.”

“I’ll be back,” I said running out of the office to the nearest bathroom. I started thinking; I had a big decision to make. Was I going to put the baby up for adoption or was I going to keep it? I didn’t have the money, and on top of that I still had to finish two years of high school. Although, I didn’t want my baby to feel abandoned by me. I needed some time to think about all of it. I walked back to Dr. Bradshaw’s office. 

“Are you okay,” my mom asked me. I nodded my head in response since I didn’t trust my voice. 

“All right, since we didn’t do an ultrasound, we’re going to go ahead and have that done right now.” I nodded my head in response again and Dr. Bradshaw called the ultrasound technician. After that she walked us down to the small room. I was in shock with everything that was going on. 

“I can’t believe it,” the ultrasound tech said immediately reaching for the phone. My mom stood up, automatically worried. 

“What is it,” I asked. 

“Well, your blood and pregnancy tests said that you were pregnant, but there’s no trace of it on the ultrasound.” I stared at her in absolute total shock.