Chapter 19-Disbelief

Outside, Kyle was alone and thinking.
While S.S. fought Skulker in order to protect the villagers, he couldn't do anything to help her, or those villagers.
And he couldn't protect his sister either, now he had failed in protecting both of them.
But he had to conclude the situation on his own.
Now only him and September were the available people on their group.
So....they need this village's orange crystal in order to collect another crystal for their way home.
And now....for that, they need to stop Skulker and Spinella from raiding the village.
But for that.....what are they supposed to do...he was too weak to keep his friends safe and to help the village, and September...he just couldn't entirely rely on her, either!
He needed to decide the whole case on his own....
He felt his own weakness and powerlessness overwhelming over him.
What would...what would S.S.....or Emily would have done if they were him now?
Just then, he felt someone approaching him right now.
Alerted, he immediately sprung up, and saw Salaz the Shawl Lizard approaching him, then stopped in surprise for him leaping up.
"Oh, it's you...."
"Hey."
Kyle was sitting on a rock distant away from the village, and Salaz sat down next to him on the sand.
"Got some problem?"
"Oh..it's just...well, I don't know if I can defeat Skulker and Spinella myself....two of my friends fell unconscious as well...."
"Is that so...by the way, mind some bit of a cactus?" he said, handing him some stripped pieces of desert cactus.
"Oh...I'm...okay."
"Don't refuse, just have some! you look starved, y'know!"
So Kyle took the cactus piece without another word, then both of them soon fell silent.
After a moment, feeling an awkward tension, Kyle decided to bring some subjects up...and to ask his own questions as well.
"Hey...Salaz?"
"Mm?"
"According to other people whom we met on our way here...other kinds of LDians actually hates humans, but...why are you and Phenek staying in this village?"
"Oh, that. that's simple. we've been staying here since our ancestor's generations, then one day, those villagers came over, with their whole village held onto their shoulders. then Shar would ask me and Phenek whether they can stay here. so, since me and Phenek both are pretty bored, we accepted it, under the condition that Princey Shar being our friend. at first it was a 'condition', but now we're actual friends, so it's fine with everything."
"Oh...but weren't you affected by the war?"
"So? just because our parents or grandparents or other great ancestors above us are harmed by humans, that doesn't mean that we can't be friends with some different humans, who are far more sincere and nicer than those in the past."
"That's...greatly generous of you all....but, if that's the case, then why do you assume that Spinella and Skulker are doing such things like now?"
"It can be either that they don't have the same thoughts as me and Phen, or...it's just my wild guess..."
"What is it?"
"No, it's just....Skulker and Spinella used to travel with another small scorpion kid. about the same age as Spinella...he surely looked alot like Skulker. when we often saw them traveling with him, he didn't come raiding or to attack us...but then...one day he came to raid us-and we couldn't see that kid there. in my opinion, despite that I never talked with them before, I say that kid's Skulker's younger brother. and Skulker didn't even have that weird arm and tail with him back then, anyways."
"Really? that's a great assumption, Salaz...I think it's most likely true."
"Probably. but what can we do just by knowing that? without even saying why, those guys will keep on raiding our place.."
"Salaz, but we can't just sit here and let them attack us without even fighting back!"
"...And..? do you have any great ideas?"
"Actually, not yet. but thanks, Salaz. thanks to you, now I think I can do this, with my own thoughts!"

- - - 🌞 - - -

"What? whether we know where Skulker lives?"
"Yes. those any of you know about that?"
"No...if we knew that, we would have tried something in the first place...."
"Hm.....well then, how about we find out about that from now?"
"How? they'll keep raiding our places and then just disappear..."
"So! if they want our crystal, then why don't they just destroy the village, threatens you and steal it themselves?"
"Well..."
"Think about it, Shar! they has enough of powers to do that, but why aren't they doing it? I say that's because they can't stay here forever! they has something to take care of back at their places!"
"Well...that's most likely that you're right, Kyle. but how can we possibly find out about their staying place, you think?"
"I have some idea. first, can you prepare some carving tools,stones and woods?"
"What? why do you ask?"
"I need to make something in order to complete my plan. also, do you mind showing me your crystal first? I'll explain my plan then."