Chapter 7-The Festival

"Now it's done! how's that look,everyone?"
"It's great!"
"Well, it's not bad...."
"Hey, Saven! is that all the remarks that you give for THIS??" cried Charmeleli in dismay.
It was now second day since four travellers had stayed in Pecus Place.
As King Blue had promised them, they would soon be receiving blue crystal from him, since the festival was about to begin this very night.
Although all the Beasts here must have been preparing for this festival for a long time-maybe for over a weeks or months, but since four travellers had prepared it for just a few days, so it couldn't have been that of a too much deals.
But September, at least, was aware of the festival, and she did seemed to be excited for the festival as well.
Right now, they were all seeing Charmeleli's giant painted structure that was built out of logs and branches, and also planks.
It was supposed to represent a huge wood spirit resembling a lion, but to Riverside siblings' eyes, it did look lively, but it just looked like a pop-art styled lion with magenta mane and eyes like Picasso's arts.
But it was surely impressive, for something made out of old planks and logs.
"...So..? what are you going to do with it for a festival?" asked Emily carefully.
"Oh, it's obvious! we're all going to surround it and throw fruits at it, then Our Majesty will strike a lightning to it, then it will disappear after leaving one great impressive sight!" replied Charmeleli proudly.
"Ur....but can I ask why? I mean...is it your costum..? or something...."
Charmeleli seemed to be in a deep thought for a moment, then she slowly began to reply.
"It is, but as you see, according to Our Majesty....it's supposed to represent that of a fact that every living things' lives has their limits,but that they leaves some impact for other descendants to look up to, then..disappear."
"Oh...I see.."
Emily couldn't really understand it, but it seemed important, so she decided not to think of the structure as 'ridiculous' anymore.
Then each beasts started to get ready for festival in their each different individual roles.
Bo the Bear cooked a pumpkin and honey pies, and Oran the Monkey began to help to decorate tree branches with shining vines which was also in Maga Village, a plant called 'Priers' vines'.
Then Josh the Dog helped to make a small bonfire with littered tinders and logs, and roast fishes and lizard meats(Some meat-eating beasts ate that) and September assisted him.
Charmeleli the Charmeleon volunteered to decorate the queer inventions which Felix the Raccoon had made out of the wasted junks from the waterfall.
And Red-a red dragon-helped to right up all the fires including September and Josh's bonfire, such as all the torches.
Then other three travellers helped with some delicate things such as sewing moss tents with wires(cobwebs).
But they couldn't just stay here like this, and Emily got impatient.
She finally put the wires down and stood up.
"Huh? Emily..?"
"I can't stand this anymore."
"What's wrong?"
"We're supposed to collect crystals! but now look at us, we have a long way to go, and we haven't even managed to collect even one!"
"But, Em-the King-I mean, Our Majesty had told us that he would give it to us, and we also agreed to wait until the festival's over!"
"Kyle, can't you see?? if everything goes on like this, it's most likely that he WON'T give it to us! or, that reindeer man might steal the crystal so that we won't get away with it!"
"Emily Riverside!! what in the name of- no way, why do you distrust them so much? can't you see that it's a huge favor enough that they're providing a place to stay and foods to total strangers like us now!"
"Even so! even while we're doing this, our parents might be worried sick of us! they might think that we're even dead..."
Emily's words trailed of, and she couldn't finish the sentence, and tears brimmed on her eyelashes.
Kyle hesitated, and he turned to S.S. in a sign of help.
"......" S.S. didn't say a word, but she turned to Emily and said, "Emily, can you look and talk to me for a moment?"
"...Huh..?"
"Well...I don't think you should worry about that...because if your parents trust you enough, and if my parents and families had waited for me throughout these 3 years.....I think your parents can also wait...whether it would take weeks..or months..wouldn't it..?"
At that, Emily couldn't reply, but despite herself, she decided to ask back to her.
"But...how could you know that you know that your families still wait for you...or look for you?"
"......"
"Emily! why you-"
"..It might just be a mere hope..but..I don't know, but I seems to be able to feel it in here." replied S.S., pointing to her chest.
"...!"
Emily didn't reply for a time being, but she finally stood up and went away.
Kyle tried to catch her, but S.S. stopped him instead.
"Kyle."
"S.S.? but she.."
"I think she just needs a time alone."
"S.S...."
"....Unlike me, she still has her memories and....like she said, she probably miss her parents."
"...." Kyle didn't say anything for that.
"Don't you miss your parents, Kyle?"
"I do, too..but I still have to try and wait in order to meet them again, don't I?"
"Yes, that's true. well, then. shall we wait for Emily and go on with this?"
"Sure."